Leaving in an hour to go pick up a 08... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-25-2012, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Leaving in an hour to go pick up a 08...

always been a fan of the 700xx as my buddy bought one new (his is a 09 model year). A deal arose i couldnt turn down... so im off to a 3 time friend of a friends to go scoop up this 08... im imidiately putting a push bar on it as that plastic thing just isnt gonna cut it, and eventually id like to fab up a solid rear axle for it. And i know i know... people will say i shoulda just found a raptor... but the deal i got i couldnt turn it down!! and i feel the IRS is a epic fail on the part of honda engineers... i rode my buddies and i didnt like at all how it handled but i loved the power!
my previous quad was a 400ex i bought new in 2000 and i track raced it damn near every weekend.

but heres a little bio on me...
my name is don, 31 live in Bay City, MI. I'm a technician for a company called SC Johnson wax, we make things like ZIPLOC bags and glade candles. im a huge car guy, my baby is a 97 camaro SS vert. it is a 383 stroker with a F1 procharger and fed with nitrous. it was just featured in GM High tech performance magazine.
i cant wait to go buy all new gear and hit the trails!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-25-2012, 12:47 PM

uhhhh... the IRS is why everyone loves the xx
post #3 of 16 Old 04-25-2012, 01:45 PM

Does your buddy have a l8ton 11/16 sway bar on his? If not then you should get one. You may change your tune. But congrats either way

Port and Polishing w/ +1 Valves by Illinois Powersports
11:1 CP 715cc Big Bore Piston
290 Web Cam
+3 Throttle Body
PCV Tuned by Illinois Powersports
61.52 HP 48.24 TQ

Special Thanks To
Illinois Powersports
630-365-6722

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 Old 04-25-2012, 02:30 PM

Congrats! A solid axle swap would be a huge undertaking. But, like crash said, a l8ton sway bar will cute you of the desire for a solid axle, anyway.

Tom

08 700XX (Gray, L8ton Racing Stealth Bumper, 13 tooth, 21" Razr2 fronts, stock rears, Precision Pro stabilizer, Fox Evols and Podium Xs, Teixeira Tech stock-length upper A-arms, Teixeira Tech stem, L8ton Racing 9/16ths sway bar, ProTaper Contour bar, Shock & Vibe clamps, EHS lid & programmer, HID headlights)

08 Outlander 800
08 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4
post #5 of 16 Old 04-25-2012, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Congrats and I hope it is everything you wanted it to be.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #6 of 16 Old 04-25-2012, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

its in better shape than i had thought!! and it runs great... no valvetrain noise so they must have kept up on the maintenance. it has the regular "ive been rode" scratches and one tiny hole in the back of the seat... i guess i cant bitch since i paid... 1600 dollars!! cant wait to start dumping money into it and my 3year old loves it!! i just got home with it and put him infront of me and idled around the yard, he was all smiles.
post #7 of 16 Old 04-25-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fstss View Post
its in better shape than i had thought!! and it runs great... no valvetrain noise so they must have kept up on the maintenance. it has the regular "ive been rode" scratches and one tiny hole in the back of the seat... i guess i cant bitch since i paid... 1600 dollars!! cant wait to start dumping money into it and my 3year old loves it!! i just got home with it and put him infront of me and idled around the yard, he was all smiles.
$1600 ! , you just upset alot of members !

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #8 of 16 Old 04-25-2012, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

oh my buddy who bought his new was pissed!! but sometimes life throws you a curve ball... and i was there to take advantage HAHA
post #9 of 16 Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 PM

Have fun and "Curve balls" make it worth while.

Ed at

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

post #10 of 16 Old 04-26-2012, 04:51 PM

If you wanted solid axle, I still would of bought a raptor. You are going to have some money in the rea to get it to a sra bike. And the engineers in my book didn't have an epic fail, they built one of the best atvs ever.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode