new from missouri - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
new from missouri

hey everyone im new here and my name is jerod im 15 and i currently own a 400ex i joined this site because i am thinking bout buyin a 700 and needed to learn all i can about them soo i can make sur i make the right decision
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 04:34 PM

Where in mo are you from? I can sit here and tell you reasons all day about how good the xx is, but to get a better decision, we need to know what it is you do. Trails, mx, Ttt, recreation. I don't race, I trail ride. I have been around alot of atvs on the trail. That being said, I won't go riding unless its on my xx.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^
post #3 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 05:37 PM

^^ what he said^^ the XX is the ultimate trail bike, ground clearance ,power ,smooth ride the list goes on and on I love mine...

post #4 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by traitor08 View Post
Where in mo are you from? I can sit here and tell you reasons all day about how good the xx is, but to get a better decision, we need to know what it is you do. Trails, mx, Ttt, recreation. I don't race, I trail ride. I have been around alot of atvs on the trail. That being said, I won't go riding unless its on my xx.
awsome need to know watever i can..... im from Seligman.... i do more trail ridin most of the time.... others times i do the occasional drag racin with friends and ride the dirt road a lil bit also
post #5 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

i really like to go to some trails and climb up a realy steep hill.... tht has got to be the thing i like the most

FEAR is the only FAILURE...SO PINN IT!!!!!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 07:00 PM

sounds like the XX is for you.....
post #7 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytrx700xx View Post
sounds like the XX is for you.....

cool i hear they r actually pretty fast for as much as they weigh... any bad things tht i should watch out for if i was to get one.... have you had any problems???

FEAR is the only FAILURE...SO PINN IT!!!!!!!!

post #8 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 07:39 PM

NO problems at all and you do not notice the weight at all these things fly. Id just listen to the motor and try to hear anything out of the ordinary look at the air filter and air box you will be able to tell if its been maintained and look at the oil make sure it looks clean.
post #9 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the club! All I can say is if your used to the 400ex. You will want to get a Sway bar add on. To help the 700xx slide the corners and not push so bad, and it practically eliminates the inside tire lift as well. Also a 13t front sprocket to help with climbing, and yes they are fast avg 80mph.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #10 of 12 Old 05-23-2012, 08:35 PM

Just a quick comparison on speed. My buddy has a big 3 400ex and he weighs about 180. At the time my xx was dead stock, I weigh in around 260. I also had my gf on who weighs in around 100. We took a short trip from house to shop. Got on it in 2nd and a little into 3rd, the 400 was several lengths behind. We raced once with me alone on mine and him on his down the blacktop. I got the jump and never had to use full throttle. He topped out and i was still in 4th. Typical sra Atv has 4-6"ground clearance depending on tires, xx has roughly 10. Even if you bottom out on the xx, the suspension will droop some and still have traction. I ride trails and like hills. The irs is very forgiving for the unseen log or rock that could upset a sra bike.

MY RIDES

Amish washing the buggy^^^^

Last edited by traitor08; 05-23-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode