User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 07-28-2012, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Re-interduction....Finally got it!

Re-interduction of Snowdog!

Been a member for a while you could say and have been riding a 2007 Yamaha Wolverine 450 but I've been researching for a loooong time. I went and purchased a 2008 700xx back on Memorial Day and kept the secret from my good friend Dagirl71 with the help of Nash04. I broke the news today to Dagirl71 because I'm finally/almost done repairing everything and tomorrow I'll be taking it out and riding it really for the first time since I bought it.

At first, I had some buyers remorse. The 700xx had some pretty good scratches and not the typical riding stuff. It looked like it had been rolled or went threw a thicket bush or worse! The right front tie rod was bent, the front tires needed to be replaced, the plastic was scratched and missing some screws and a few nuts, the dashlight pod was destroyed and not all the lights worked, the exhaust rattled like crazy, the chain was dry and rusty, the air filter was caked in dirt. Yeah, I probably should of NEVER bought it! I thought about it and kinda felt that if the worse was a bent tie rod and it drove good even with it and nothing else was broken or bent then it had a chance to still be a really GREAT ride.

Being a parts manager and enjoying being able to fix things and make them right. I felt like it was the perfect project for me. I could restore this baby to its original glory and take care of it like it should have been. I bought all new plastics, a few additional hardware that was missing, fixed the exhaust rattle, changed the air filter, change the oil, cleaned it head to toe, inside and out, upside and down, installed new tires, Proarmor skid plate, Odi hand grips, Honda nerf bars are on order, probably going with the PRM Desert II bumper next and the l8ton 11/16 sway bar.

I can't say enough how well www.powersportsplus.com was at filling and shipping my orders. Yeah, multiple orders! I highly recommend them! Constantly updated on my order status, nothing missing or broken and from what I could find the lowest price on factory parts on the internet.

So, the cats out of the bag and I'm about to go ape shit crazy posting questions on some of the stuff that I can't figure out or need insight on!

THE DOG!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trx700xxupload.jpg (116.9 KB, 39 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 07-28-2012, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking good! I share your enthusiasm. I just picked up my XX a week ago. Sold my built Raptor 727 and picked this up two hours later. I have lots of goodies to add.
Ride with pride

Last edited by easystreet; 07-28-2012 at 11:57 PM.
post #3 of 23 Old 07-28-2012, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
congrates on the purchase you will see a different beast and ride it !!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 23 Old 07-29-2012, 03:59 AM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
sharp ride man

2011 Honda CBR 250r:full two brothers exhaust,red underglos
post #5 of 23 Old 07-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Snowdog,
Very nice! You do good work.
Sid
post #6 of 23 Old 07-29-2012, 02:30 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Congrats on the rebuild man ull love it
post #7 of 23 Old 07-31-2012, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! Anxious to get out to ride it but there's still a few hicups I'm having issues with and parts that are coming that I want to install.

2008 Honda Trx700xx
2007 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4
2009 Raptor 90
2005 Polaris 50
post #8 of 23 Old 08-12-2012, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

I got out and rode the 700 all weekend and absolutely loved it! It was my first time riding a quad with a clutch and of course I stalled it plenty of times, mis shifted from first to neutral instead of 2nd and forgot to downshift at times but that will all come with more seat time.
Before I left I had already ordered the 11/16th sway bar and that will get put on this week. Like many have said before about the vibration. My hands also were numb and tingling every 45 min of riding. I guess I'll start looking into new handle bars, Precision Shock/Vibe setup or the CCP damper.

Such a great weekend riding!

2008 Honda Trx700xx
2009 Raptor 90
2005 Polaris 50
post #9 of 23 Old 08-12-2012, 10:40 PM

It sounds like you have had fun fixing it up and now get to enjoy riding it.
I have the CCP steering stabilizer and I love it, I have them on my 400ex's as well. They work great and are rebuildable. They really help with the bars shaking out of your hands in rougher terrain.

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
post #10 of 23 Old 08-13-2012, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba9801 View Post
It sounds like you have had fun fixing it up and now get to enjoy riding it.
I have the CCP steering stabilizer and I love it, I have them on my 400ex's as well. They work great and are rebuildable. They really help with the bars shaking out of your hands in rougher terrain.

Thanks! I'll be looking into all of it shortly.

By the way, do you realize I'm about 25 min from you?
Straight up County Line Road to where it meets up with 309, I live behind Zotos diner.

Take it easy!

2008 Honda Trx700xx
2009 Raptor 90
2005 Polaris 50
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode