700xx NEWBIE HERE - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 09-09-2012, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
waving 700xx NEWBIE HERE

I am considering buying a 2009 700 xx. I have a kfx 700 right now and have owned several brute forces before that. I rode an XX today (first time i ever rode one), it felt pretty fast "all stock except for sway bar and kutter rear tires". I don't know much about these bikes. It felt very high geared to me. How much does the EHS big 3 help? Any other suggestions or comments? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 09-10-2012, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the Club!

Big 3 helps a lot, but even with the big 3 I like the smaller front 13t sprocket. IMO Honda should of shipped the Trx700 with a 13 tooth front sprocket.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Thanks man, what is the best exhaust for these bikes? The Barker looks good, I want one that is not loud. So the big 3 helps mainly with acceleration? More torque and hp? This bike has the smaller l8ton swaybar, i guess that is ok. Did you lose any top end speed with the 13t?

post #4 of 16 Old 09-10-2012, 11:47 AM

You will lose a bit of top end with the 13th sprocket but these bikes with the stock 14th sprocket run 86mph so a couple miles an hour slower is not a big loss.

The barker exhaust is available with a quite core that is 96db.

I am hoping to get the big 3 from EHS soon so I cant answer how well it helps yet but from everything I have read it helps across the board in power & acceleration as well as helps with allowing the engine to run a bit richer as they run a bit lean from the factory. The EHS setup is also been dyno tunned to work together so you will get the best power from the setup. Otherwise if you use another combination you will need to have your bike dyno tuned with a good programmer to run correctly.

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
post #5 of 16 Old 09-10-2012, 04:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bansheecraig View Post
Thanks man, what is the best exhaust for these bikes? The Barker looks good, I want one that is not loud. So the big 3 helps mainly with acceleration? More torque and hp? This bike has the smaller l8ton swaybar, i guess that is ok. Did you lose any top end speed with the 13t?

Best exhaust is a matter of opinion! Research it a lot before you buy, so you know you will be happy with what you get. So you don't waste money buying something else later. Most big3 setups will gain you 10% hp, factory bikes are aprox. 39 to low 40's, And most show around 44hp after big3. If you like the Barkers exhaust EHS is a sponsor here and has nothing but great customer service reviews! If you go another route like Sparks, DMC, HMF, FMF, Big Gun, Motoworks or what ever, there are maps available for your tuner.

Personally I'm happy with my HMF performance series. And I like there Competition series with the 3 stages of power/sound. But sound was not a issue for me, so I just went with the Black performance series. If money wasn't a issue I would of went with the Spark's and got the can and header pipe powder coated black. I'm sure that would of looked and sounded bad ass!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 16 Old 09-10-2012, 04:23 PM

Garage
As far as the 13t I'd say a lot depends on type of riding you do. The trx wont hold its own idle untill you either go big 3 or 13t sprocket. If you race flat ground or run a lot of sand dunes stay 14t, but for climbing or slow tight technical trails the 13t is the only way to go, imo. And I've hit 83.6 with mine, but that was on a good down hill run, with probably a good tail wind as well. I notice no loss on top end speed, in fact the 13t helps you get to top speed much faster.

post #7 of 16 Old 09-10-2012, 09:06 PM

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The big 3 package really helped my power. I run a 15t at the drag strip and my 14t in the trails, I'm gonna try the 13t for trails. The barker exhaust is loud without core

08 700XX Big three package,Honda nerf bars
08 400EX Honda nerf bars,AC bumper,LEDS,Twist throttle,Horn
03 250ex stock
04 Banshee You don't want to know
post #8 of 16 Old 09-10-2012, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

OK, thanks for the input guys. I am probably going to buy it, but he still owes $ on it so we just have to find out the safest way of doing to transaction. I hear alot of different top speed claims. I heard 67 mph, 75 from dirtwheels magizine and over 80 up to 86 on here. What is realistic top speed on an all stock xx?
post #9 of 16 Old 09-10-2012, 10:41 PM

Garage
easy upper 70's with no mods! like 78plus ez...if some 1 is only getting 67 miles per hour top speed there in deep sand or mud. idk about 86mph thou, but I've yet to hear my rev limiter in 5th gear and I weigh like 240lbs or so with gear which dosen't help top speed.

And safest way to buy if he owes, imo is to go to place he owes. And rewrite loan or payoff and they issue title to you.

Last edited by M_Quick; 09-10-2012 at 10:47 PM.
post #10 of 16 Old 09-10-2012, 10:54 PM

I raced a Polaris 850xp sportsman which has a speedometer on it and we were doing 86mph and I am on a stock 700xx.
He wond up toping out at 95mph going down hill.
In a flat race I was able to beat him though by a couple quad lengths.

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode