Couple questions?? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-30-2012, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Couple questions??

New owner of the TRX 700, i have a couple questions, i have a manual on the way but for now. What kind of gas you guys use? The quad has a pipe and programer, also what oil should i use, can i just get some down Wallyworld, as long as it's 4 stroke bike oil?
Thanks, ill have more questions in the future lol...
Steve in Ct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-30-2012, 11:02 AM

For octane you will be fine on 91 octane at your elevation. Probably could get away with 87 even. If your not getting detonation (knocking/pinging) its fine.
There is a free PDF download on here for the repair manual.
Most important thing to remember on oil is it has to be WET CLUTCH SAFE! Not all 4 stroke oils are. You get what you pay for in oil brands. Good oil is worth the cost.

Welcome and post some pics of your ride when you get the chance.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-30-2012, 12:21 PM

Welcome to the forum
I only use Synthetic Honda oil in my quads and have not had any problems
As for gas I am pretty sure it says on the bike to use 93 octane, that is what I have been running in mine.

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad

post #4 of 6 Old 09-30-2012, 06:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
there should be a sticker on gas tank that says 93 they run like shit on 87 or at least mine does. mine pings or rattles or detonate whatever you want to call it on 87 we dont have 91 in the south. it really pings under a load using 87. done been there and tried it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-30-2012, 06:57 PM

At 10,000 ft. elevation you can definitely get away with much lower. Not sure what the compression on a stock XX is, but would guess around 9:1
If so, 91 should be enough.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-30-2012, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by easystreet View Post
At 10,000 ft. elevation you can definitely get away with much lower. Not sure what the compression on a stock XX is, but would guess around 9:1
If so, 91 should be enough.
stock 10:1

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode