New to the forum - Augusta, GA - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-08-2012, 12:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New to the forum - Augusta, GA

Upgraded from a 2002 warrior to a 2008 700xx about 6 months ago, finally got around to joining the community. I wanted a 700xx from the minute I saw the first review online - the motor + IRS + honda reliability had me sold without even riding one. This machine is so much stronger than my warrior, and the torque available in fist gear lets me tackle hills and obstacles I would have had trouble with on my warrior. After riding the same trails on the 700xx that I frequented on my warrior, it was that much more obvious to me and my riding buddies. The juice box programmer I have on there is crazy - the power hits at full throttle like the machine is turbocharged or something. Now, keep in mind, my baseline is a 25 year od design air cooled 349cc motor...

Only downside is the body roll in the turns...but that's the trade off for the IRS and the incredible ground clearance. But I knew this going in, and based on what I've read, an upgraded rear swaybar will take care of my concerns.

I've only taken it out twice (work too much, plus two kids under 3), once for an epic four day weekend, and once for a mud-covered day at durhamtown plantation. The first ride left me wanting a quieter exhaust nore so i ordered a db reducing tipnfrom two brothers, for a noticable noise level reduction. Both rides left me wanting a thicker rear sway bar, but I haven't pulled the trigger there. I love hanging the back end out on wide sweeping fire roads, and that is more difficult on the XX than it ever was on my warrior. Any suggestions on sway bars? I have read about both the sonic and the l8ton bars...personal preferences?? I'm 6'1", 260#.

Have noticed I can start in gear, but even while clutching, I can feel the machine lurch slightly, meaning to me the clutch is not fully disengaged. So I learned quickly (after draining my battery on my first long ride) to start in neutral. My question to the 700xx legion is this: Is this normal, or do I need some clutch work?

On my want list are a set of flexx bars, a precision steering damper, and a thicker rear sway bar.

Anyway, hello from Augusta, GA.

2008 700XX - Honda racing nerfs, rear grab bar, and full skids; two brothers slip-on with silencer tip and juice box; Kenda Kutters; hard-wired battery tender
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
sir tbizzle,
Welcome to the forum.
Sid
post #3 of 8 Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to Snoshoe Send a message via Skype™ to Snoshoe
Hello A,GA
Im in the Florance area of SC. I have noticed the same "lurch" with mine. It feels like after sitting for a while the plates don't release completely. I haven't noticed this when it has been run for a while and warmed up. The whole battery drain I found is from leaving the key on. With the key on not only is there power to the lights but also the fuel pump. It usally goes dead after my son just uses the stop switch and forgets the key. Mine is still stock and I love the "drift" I can get around the corners. It obviously doesn't break loose as fast as my old 400ex and it does roll more. Just don't punch it until your straight. I have had it up on one wheel a couple of times (well it sure like hell felt like it) and I am 6'2" and 235lbs.
Welcome as well I just joined yesterday, lol

2008 TRX700xx
13Tfront
Kenda Bear Claws 23x8x11
Custom 2" receiver
2007 Honda Forman TRX500es (wifes)
54" Moose plow (for the horse poo)
rear seat/ strorage box
Ground Hog Disk harrow kit
2x 2009 Kawasaki KFX 90 (kids)
PEI fog lights
"If your face isn't dirty, you haven't been riding." Daughter age 10 (riding style, 2 speeds, full out and off)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Its amazing how far a KFX 90 will fly if you go fast. 15' is her current record.

post #4 of 8 Old 11-08-2012, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
welcome to the club im from one state over. on your clutch make sure your lever freeplay is no more than 1/8 of an inch,yeah they kinda clunk going into first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #5 of 8 Old 11-08-2012, 05:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the Club! And the trx has a wet clutch, so it will lurch forward when 1st started and oil is cold, all normal! As far as the sway bar I've never herd on the Sonic? Just the dura blue and the L8ton. And I love the L8ton, 11'16's. Im 6' and 225 lbs w/out gear. The Sway bar took away virtually all the push and inside tire lift. And it still keeps all 4 tires on the ground in the rough stuff. Somewhere on here a member posted a picture of one side of quad on a car ramp, and all 4 tires were even on ground.. L8ton bar is great mod for the money IMO it's great deal at a super price!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #6 of 8 Old 11-11-2012, 08:55 PM

Welcome to the club. I also have a Yamaha Warrior. The 700XX is alot different than the Yamaha Warrior. It took me a bit to get use to the IRS but now I would never go back.

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
post #7 of 8 Old 11-15-2012, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, glad to be part of the group.

2008 700XX - Honda racing nerfs, rear grab bar, and full skids; two brothers slip-on with silencer tip and juice box; Kenda Kutters; hard-wired battery tender
post #8 of 8 Old 11-21-2012, 09:50 PM

welcome I'm the oddball on here with the Durablue. you can see it to the left. I really like it but it is way more expensive than the l8ton. with the only advantage being it is adjustable. I've got it set so that coming out of a third gear turn at full power It still lifts the inside front tire about 6 inches. And yeah the clutch thing is normal goes away after the oil is warm. Btw get rid of the stock tires really helps the handling, I went with razors all the way around but a lot of the guys like the kenda kutters too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode