New 700XX guy here - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 11-26-2012, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New 700XX guy here

Well, I sort of "claimed" it from my Girlfriend. She bought the 700XX new in 2010, along with a TRX 250X for her daughter. After riding it, she figured out it was just too much bike for her. So, we are now getting a TRX 400 for her, and I took the 700.

As of now, it's all stock. I'm adding nerf bars this weekend, looking at some riser bars due to my height. I rode it HARD this weekend here in Florida at Croom. I must say, it is a wee bit different than any other Sport Quad that I have ridden with a straight axle / swinger... not bad, just different. It's amazing in the technical stuff, but I had to really get on with it to get the power slides down.

I grew up road racing (street bikes) and find that riding this IRS quad really keeps me on edge. Tons of power, wheelies at will, but... the suspension is WAY soft for jumps, and the IRS is a bit picky if you don't land both rear tires at the same time.

I'm glad I found this forum... now, I will spend a few weeks sorting through the threads, and looking at making this quad into my own. I really love the transmission, and the motor is a stonker!

Tons of power!!!

Thanks for the great forum!

By the way, can anyone point me to a sticky or something, for "must do" mods?

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
MDMLDM,
Welcome to the forum. Great to have new members.
Sid
post #3 of 9 Old 11-26-2012, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMLDM View Post
IRS is a bit picky if you don't land both rear tires at the same time.
Welcome to the forum and you sure you're riding a 700xx ?

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-26-2012, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
welcome im originally from fla. ive been to croom before to race dirt bikes back in the middle 1980s,id get the big 3 first,or suspension,bothe are expensive!

08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
post #5 of 9 Old 11-26-2012, 10:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDMLDM View Post
By the way, can anyone point me to a sticky or something, for "must do" mods?

Thanks again!
Welcome to the club!

IDK about a sticky but 1st thing I'd suggest is changing factory air filter. Next if you do any slow technical, or hill climbing a 13 front sprocket. Both mods aprox. $40.00 Next I'd look at the rear sway bar, then if funds are still available check into a fuel programmer, and why not toss in the full exhaust kit. Also you mentioned nerfs, that was my 1st upgrade btw. It's a good investment to get a full skid plate and a-arm guards depending on type of terrain you ride in. Then wear out the factory tire's, and upgrade them next! IDk that's just what I'd do, but not what I did, lol well at least not in that order.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #6 of 9 Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 PM

Welcome to the site.
I always start out with a good set of nerfs on all my quads. I am running the Houser Bounce Nerfs and they are amazing. They are a bit pricey but they really cut down on fatigue on the long rides. Then I add a steering damper. CCP makes a really nice one for the 700XX. This will cut out most of the bump steer and is adjustable depending on the terrain you are on. The next thing is the stock tires are near the worst things I have ever riden on and the stock wheels are kinda weak. The big problem is that the 11" rear wheels are only made for the 700XX and there are very few options for tires, Maxis RAZR & Kenda Kutters. I am running the Kenda's. I have upgraded my wheels to OMF beadlocks. They are pricey but they are the best wheel I have ever had. You can also change to a 10" rear wheel which will give you way more tire options but you will either need wheel adapters or a different offset wheel making the quad wider. So if you will be riding anything tight you may want to stay with the 11" wheels instead. As for the front tires most of us are running 22" or 23" tires. If you are running nerf bars you may want the 22" tires to be sure they clear. This will help with the caster a bit and make the quad a bit easier to turn. I am saving up now to get the EHS big 3 next. This includes the EHS air box lid, Barkers full exhaust system and EHS controller. Many people on the site run it and love it. If you are running the big 3 you may or may not want to change out the front sprocket. Oh and dont forget a good air filter.

2008 700XX - OMF Beadlocks w/Billet Centers & Reinforcement Rings, Kenda Kutters, CCP Steering Stabilizer, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, Houser Bounce Nerf Bars, Pro Armor skid pad, UNI Filter
2007 400EX - CCP Steering Stabilizer, GT Thunder 450R Shocks, 450R Rear Brake Conversion, YFZ450 Front Brake Conversion, ProTaper Bars, Rath Racing Nerf Bars, Alba Elite Bumper, ASV F3 Levers, ODI Rouge lock-on grips, UNI Filter, Kenda Kutters, Pro Armor skid pad, Armadillo Swing Arm skid pad
post #7 of 9 Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ba9801 View Post
If you are running the big 3 you may or may not want to change out the front sprocket. Oh and dont forget a good air filter.
After I added the big3 on my quad, I switched back to the 14t. And that was a mistake! The type of riding I do I still needed the extra low end, you get from the 13t. It would be fine around Ohio but a lot of my riding is in WV. a lot of climbing and slow idling through creeks. I put the 13 back on and have never looked back.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #8 of 9 Old 05-13-2013, 02:31 PM

welcome to everyone,
Jason Wilson here,
Is everybody alright !!!!
wishing everyone a Good and Pleasant day.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-13-2013, 03:58 PM

Welcome!!!!!!

LAKERS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode