New xx owner - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-23-2013, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New xx owner

Got a 08 xx last week. Excited to build it and more excited to just get out and ride. I ride dunes and up in the mountains and trails so I think this machine is going to be badass for what I do.

Hope to gain some knowledge here from the rest on what and what not to do.

First thing to order is new sprocket. So payday ill order that. Thinking about doing a ltr450 shock switch.

Enjoy. Hope to also share my journey and info I find here for other.

I grew up riding dirtbike and atvs. I got rid of my quadracer last year to buy a supermoto. I miss that ltr so I had to get a new bike and decided on the xx and got a killer deal. Should be fun. I am just worried about the rear axles. Seems like some have had problem with them. I do most all work and repair on my toys myself. Unless it requires a tool I do t have or can afford.

Jah

-Oregon-
2008 Honda TRX 700xx
13T Front Sprocket (going back to 14t for sand)
Airbox lid delete
Spark arrester delete
10' rear DWT blue label with paddle for sand

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jah_82; 05-23-2013 at 01:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-23-2013, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the club! As far as rear axle goes, I'd take it apart asap and grease it. Only thing extra you may need is a pickle tool, or tie rod separator. To remove the left axle you will also need the 46 mm thin wall socket, or sae size of 1 13/16's. You don't need to remove the left axle, just to grease joint. You may want to have at least a extra cir-clip or set ring handy. And if you have play in right inboard joint I'd just order the parts before you take it apart.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-24-2013, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks m_quick. I'll check the axles tomorrow.

-Oregon-
2008 Honda TRX 700xx
13T Front Sprocket (going back to 14t for sand)
Airbox lid delete
Spark arrester delete
10' rear DWT blue label with paddle for sand

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode