New to the site & highly considering a XX - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 06-15-2013, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New to the site & highly considering a XX

Hey guys just came across the site and figured it would be a great place to ask questions and find out information! I came across a real good deal on a 2008 XX.
I live in the NY and Do a lot of riding on tight rocky trails and crazy power lines. All the reviews I find on the net are all on the west coast playing in the sand! I dont have any sand! I think the IRS is a great idea but how bad is the maintenance or should I say pain in the a** to change brake pads or sprockets?
Hows the suspension on it? I hear mixed reviews. some say its great other say the front is garbage but the rear is excellent and others say it all together sucks! I also keep reading that it is terrible at low speeds and likes to stall out on ya . I also think I read somewhere that the bottom end of the engine is junk and that guys are throwing rods through the block?
Also I know what too look for on a straight axle quad with the bearings and all. But what do I look for on The XX??? Also should I check compression on it and if so what should it be? Everyone's thoughts and input is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 06-15-2013, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

and the biggest question of all why did honda only make them for 2 years?
post #3 of 15 Old 06-15-2013, 11:34 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
you got to love one to buy it but if honda made an x package like on the can am that comes with high end shocks ,rims ,nerfs,handlebars hand guards ,and make there own honda line acessories HRC kit ect, ect ect , yamaha has more gytr acessorie than the xx has in aftermarket parts, honda is a slacker in them things thats why the other brands are booming and the dinosaur hondas isnt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird88 View Post
you got to love one to buy it but if honda made an x package like on the can am that comes with high end shocks ,rims ,nerfs,handlebars hand guards ,and make there own honda line acessories HRC kit ect, ect ect , yamaha has more gytr acessorie than the xx has in aftermarket parts, honda is a slacker in them things thats why the other brands are booming and the dinosaur hondas isnt
So basically your telling me to go and buy a Raptor?How do I know if I love it if I have never rode one? Thanks for the input but this didnt answer any of the above questions I had asked
post #5 of 15 Old 06-16-2013, 10:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the site!

I've been here for a little over 2 years now, and this is 1st I've herd of people throwing rods! Maintenance on this quad is like any other, you have to stay on top of it, or fall behind! I think the quad is easy to work on, the rear end does have some maintenance not listed in the manual. And that's lubing the inboard joints. When you/if you look at a trx700 to purchase, be sure and grab R.R. axle on inside by brake caliper and shake it checking for play. If there play new joints are aprox. $300. Don't quote me but the way I read the manual compression is 65 lbs. You can get service manual link here for free btw! Shocks are okay for intermediate riding but they are garbage comapred to fox or elka's kyb's ect. Changing brakes and sprockets is pretty easy. Most run a 13t front for areas like you say you ride, stock is 14t. My quad dont stall at low speeds, unless I "F%^&" up! Ask more if needed I for get what all else you asked, lol.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #6 of 15 Old 06-16-2013, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
Welcome to the site!

I've been here for a little over 2 years now, and this is 1st I've herd of people throwing rods! Maintenance on this quad is like any other, you have to stay on top of it, or fall behind! I think the quad is easy to work on, the rear end does have some maintenance not listed in the manual. And that's lubing the inboard joints. When you/if you look at a trx700 to purchase, be sure and grab R.R. axle on inside by brake caliper and shake it checking for play. If there play new joints are aprox. $300. Don't quote me but the way I read the manual compression is 65 lbs. You can get service manual link here for free btw! Shocks are okay for intermediate riding but they are garbage comapred to fox or elka's kyb's ect. Changing brakes and sprockets is pretty easy. Most run a 13t front for areas like you say you ride, stock is 14t. My quad dont stall at low speeds, unless I "F%^&" up! Ask more if needed I for get what all else you asked, lol.
Cool and thank you! So your saying the only place on the drive line I should be concerned about is the R R by the caliper? Will it shake like ball joints on a car when you jack it up and check it? is it a CV joint?or a u joint? I dont know I have honestly never seen a XX in person but I like different and I dont wanna a yam or a 400 ex
post #7 of 15 Old 06-16-2013, 04:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish78 View Post
Cool and thank you! So your saying the only place on the drive line I should be concerned about is the R R by the caliper? Will it shake like ball joints on a car when you jack it up and check it? is it a CV joint?or a u joint? I dont know I have honestly never seen a XX in person but I like different and I dont wanna a yam or a 400 ex
Not saying that's the only place to be concerned, certainly check it all! There are cv joint's on both side's of both rear axle's, but that's not what I'm talking about, but I would not over look them when looking at quad. For more info the inboard joints look over this thread I started.

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8832

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

post #8 of 15 Old 06-16-2013, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
Not saying that's the only place to be concerned, certainly check it all! There are cv joint's on both side's of both rear axle's, but that's not what I'm talking about, but I would not over look them when looking at quad. For more info the inboard joints look over this thread I started.

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8832
ill have to read over it when the wife goes to bed. do you by chance have a link to the repair manual and what about a owners manual
thanks again!
post #9 of 15 Old 06-16-2013, 10:01 PM

Garage
Owners manual,

http://www.hondampe.com.au/docs/owni...700XX-2008.pdf

Service manual,

http://www.punkbandpromotions.com/Dr...e%20Manual.pdf

post #10 of 15 Old 06-17-2013, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Excellent! So why did they stop making them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode