Bye bye 450r, hello 700xx. New owner Nyc - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-04-2013, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bye bye 450r, hello 700xx. New owner Nyc

Hey guys. Decided to sell my 450r on pure impulse and buy a 700xx. I ride a lot of trails, and hill climbs. No track. Anyways I've been riding quads since the 90's and love every minute of it. I hated the 700 when it came out, but all of a sudden I had to have one. I bought a 2008, all stock with very low hours. The tires still have the colored stripes on them. Lol. I'm a very active forum poster and I'm happy I found this site.

I change the oil today. If just like to know what else should be done, or what should I look out for. Are there any must have mods? After a quick ride I realize how soft the front shocks are. When I come of the gas the front dives down a bit. I might stiffen op the springs. Also a ton of push when cornering.

I'm going riding this weekend so ill report back letting you know if I regret selling my R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-04-2013, 01:15 PM

welcome to the forum! the only thing that came to my mind when you said must have mod was the kyle l8ton racing sway bar it nearly gets rid of all the push when going into corners anyway congrats on the new xx good luck
post #3 of 13 Old 07-04-2013, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Welcome to the site! A lot of suggestions are available but it depends on your budget and finances.

Where are you from?
I live in eastern Pa and we have a ton of boulder and rocky trails so I put on full skid plate even with the great ground clearance as well as front and rear a arms.

Take the rear wheel scrapers off!
Change the front sprocket to a 13t if your doing a lot of trail riding.

2008 Honda Trx700xx
2007 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4
2009 Raptor 90
2005 Polaris 50

post #4 of 13 Old 07-04-2013, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

I just went on the site and read a bunch of reviews. Looks like a great product. I'm a bigger guy (220lbs). What is the overall agreement on the forum. 11/16" or 9/16"? If love to eliminate body roll. The 9/16 has the squared off design and seems better made.
post #5 of 13 Old 07-04-2013, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Just ordered the 13t sprocket. Snowdog, I'm in queens nyc. We ride in south jersey a lot. I've been to the coal hills in Pa quite a few times. They are a rush. And a close buddy had property in upstate Ny. Between overtime and a needy wife riding has dwindled. Lol. But I'm still in the game.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-04-2013, 09:20 PM

Garage
Welcome and change the tires. The stocks tires are kind of bunk . Get some new tires and it will make a huge difference. I put razrs on the front and it's night and day how much better they are. I have kutters on the rear and they are awesome tires in pretty well everything. They have made a huge difference as well.
post #7 of 13 Old 07-05-2013, 08:33 AM

Send a message via AIM to crwh45
If you are complaining about the front shocks already, you could do the DS450 mod. The sway bar is nice, but only downfall I have is it takes the comfort away from the quad. There is still some comfort there, you may not notice if you've been riding SRA for ever, but if you ride with the stock sway bar for a while and switch to that, you'll notice it is a little rougher. But it makes up for it in cornering. Other than that, what the others recommended. Basically what you'd do to the 450, can do to this. Big 3 for more power, different tires, cheap suspension like the ds450, or if money is no issue then better suspension like Fox or MOtowoz.

2008 700xx; Power Bomb header with power core 4 exhaust, Power Programmer III, pro armor nerfs, prm products control front and rear bumpers and full skid, 10" ITP rears, ITP Baja's fronts, RZR 2's all the way around, Uni filter, 13t sprocket, CCP steering Damper, DS450 shock swap, Dual Gasser Throttle, bar risers and Moose barkBusters. 730XX kit plus other engine mods!
post #8 of 13 Old 07-08-2013, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojoe View Post

I change the oil today. If just like to know what else should be done, or what should I look out for. Are there any must have mods?

Welcome to the club! Don't forget to clean and oil the air filter. Also check rear inboard joints for play, and fuel lever needs some loctite. And like other's have said the 13t front sprocket for sure, its cheap easy to install and makes a big difference! As far as the sway bar I'd go with the big one! And if your looking for nerfs and skids, go here....http://stores.ebay.com/Team-Motorspo...&_sid=81029155

I'd run the oem tires awhile, I mean they are not the best but I would spend money on other stuff 1st. If there as new as you say, just replace them maybe next spring. I may have a set of the DS-450 front shocks for sale soon around $100.00. Also a programmer and then full exhaust, and on and on if you still have the funds!

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 13 Old 07-31-2013, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

I ordered my 11/16 sway bar. It should be here any day. I hope it improves stability.
post #10 of 13 Old 07-31-2013, 04:08 PM

A stiffer sway bar in the only way to go. Try a set of Ed's adjustable upper a-arms too, they make it point and shoot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
KASH 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode