Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

two weeks in and clutch is shot!!!

5K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  samdasham 
#1 ·
Ok i have owned my 700 for two weeks and i am ticked! riding around the yard today and clutch went out! have been doing normal riding and a few trails since i have owned it, nothing crazy, and i know how to ride. dealer was closed today and im glad, because i might have told them where they can stick it! i love this quad, and really enjoy the ride......is this normal?

#5 ·
could you feel it slipping under acceleration before it went?

#15 ·
but Australia is a little island.

#17 ·
im taking it to my dealer tommorow to see what they say. my best friend is the head mechanic up there and he told me today, that as long as me and him have been riding (years) i have ridden every one of his quads and never tore anything up, that he knows its not my fault, but honda is iffy with clutch replacements

#21 ·
so to our knowledge it could be higher but it also could be lower. Good luck and let us know what Honda or whoever does about the problem.

#22 ·
still havnt got my quad to the dealer! work has been hectic! started a new job this week with budweiser....so on a good note i got a bunch of free monster riding jerseys, a ton of stickers and the hookup on cheap monster gear. yeah i know they dont sponsor anything big red makes, but i love their swag!

#23 ·
If you are getting monster stuff for free/really cheap if you were looking to make a little money I'd like to buy some monster gear. Pm me if you are interested and we can talk

#24 ·
Yeah, I know it's a steed of a different colour, but the VTX1800 was somewhat notorious for weak clutch springs.

To the point that a lot of folks were replacing them asap after purchase.

I always accused Honda of catering to the unskilled masses by encouraging soft springs/clutch slippage.

That bites for the ensemble to head south on such short notice.

Maybe there's some stiffer rate springs available @ the stealers...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.