Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Adjusting Clutch & Valves

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  JTREB 
#1 ·
Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me out with adjusting my clutch and setting my valve's?

#4 ·
So I find myself a pretty damn good mechanic, put several upgrades in motors but never on wheelers, I adjusted my valves myself with the correct tolerances and put everything back together and started it up and it sounds like I have a rocker tick, does this go away?
I'm pretty sure I set the piston to top dead center correctly and used the correct feeler gauges .006 on intake and .008 on exhaust. Maybe let it heat up and I'm thinking it'll go away in time too, any help would be greatly appreciated. :confused:

#5 ·
Was the bike cold when you set them? Although it would make them tighter if it was warm.

Did it tick before? Did you check and see what they were before you adjusted them.

I hear a noise every time I work on something, wrenchin paranoia will make you second guess yourself.

#7 ·
The bike was cold, i didn't let it warm up yet after adjusting the valves. The intake was a tight .004, and the exhaust was a tight .006, now they're set with a very slight drag on proper tolerances, i'm going to check them again and make sure they're fine, then let put it together and let it warm up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.