Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Top Speed Limiter

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  crwh45 
#1 ·
So, we have an exceptional thread on getting rid of the reverse limiter on our XXs. I was wondering what it takes to get rid of the high end limiter. I don't think I've ever seen a post on this, and the database error isn't allowing me to do a search. Could anyone help me out with this? I run a lot of open roads to and from places that I ride and end up hitting this limiter at times.

#7 ·
are you sure think mine still hits the limiter in 5th

#11 ·
I think you guys are talking about two different things. Opening the reverse input circuit to the ECM doesn't do anything for the rev limiter that you normally hit when tapped out in a forward gear, or reverse after you have opened up the stock reverse limiter circuit. All you are doing is taking away the signal that tells the ECM to limit the engine to a lower RPM. I have heard, but never verified for myself, that if you do the math it works out to be 86mph with stock gearing. 82 is the fastest I could ever get mine up to stock though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.