Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

What's your Favorite Movie Quote & Why

9K views 55 replies 36 participants last post by  crwh45 
#1 ·
Just like it says. What is your favorite movie quote and why so?:confused:

"It's not the years, but the mileage." Indiana Jones.

Describes me because I still feel/act like I'm 16 but I have done enough to fill a lifetime.

#2 ·
I have a few
"That Boy really is deformed." Porky's....b/c I was 6'1'' in 6th grade w/ size 13 feet.
'Miss Davis, will you go to prom with me?", "Hassum on the Lakem." Varsity Blues
One, I tried to go out w/ a teacher haha, and two, I just like the quote.

I have a few others, but can't remember the movies, so I will get to them later on haha.

#3 ·

Jesus Quintana: You ready to be fucked, man? I see you rolled your way into the semis. Dios mio, man. Liam and me, we're gonna fuck you up.
The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Jesus Quintana: Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'til it goes "click."
The Dude: Jesus.
Jesus Quintana: You said it, man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus.
Walter Sobchak: Eight-year-olds, Dude

The Big Lebowski is an effing classic. Any Coen movie for that matter.

Here's the scene, it's in Spanish because in English it's probably being blocked by the production company.

#4 ·
I have quite a few .

Days of Thunder

Duval : Hit the pace car
Cruise : What ?
Duval : Hit the pace car
Cruise ; Why ?
Duval : You've hit every other garn darn thing , I want you to be perfect !

Dodgeball

"If you can dodge a wrench , you can dodge a ball !"

:lmao: :D

#5 ·
Baxter got the one I like from Days of Thunder, also like the ice cream one in that movie also. ("You cant pit now, we are eating ice cream.") Here are my others:

“Nonsense, I have not yet begun to defile myself” and “I’ll be your huckleberry”, Doc Holiday (Val Kilmer) in Tombstone, my favorite movie of all time. Sometimes I wish I was alive in the Wild West.

“We went this way, he went that way, I said where’d he go? Hollywood said where’d whooooooo go!” from Top Gun. Stupid, but for some reason I crack up every time I watch that part.

Doug

#6 ·
I forgot the ice cream scene.:lmao:
I also have the tombstone dvd and have "Top Gun".
There are loads more , just trying to remember them.:D

#7 ·
BLOW
Johnny Depp (George Jung): "May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars."

One of my favorite movies of all time.

#8 ·
Snatch:
Put a leash on her Turkish,before she gets bitten...and you don't want to get bitten now,do you sweetheart?
My fave movie!

#16 ·
here is one on many!

Reese Bobby
: [walks into the classroom] Excuse me, darling. I'm Reese Bobby. I'm here for career day with my son, Ricky.
10-year-old Ricky: Dad!
Reese Bobby: Hey there, boy! Man, you got big. How long's it been? Three, four months?
10-year-old Ricky: Ten years.
Reese Bobby: Ten years? Man, I gotta lay off the peyote.
[puts a cigarette in his mouth]
Schoolteacher: Okay, I think that's enough.
Reese Bobby: Your teacher wants you to go slow, and she's wrong because it's the fastest who get paid and it's the fastest who get laid.
[classmates all cheer]

Texas Ranger: Old man, I'm gonna come at you like a spider monkey!

#19 ·
Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining! Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw of Jossy Whales

#22 ·
From the quotes I've read, they are all good for their own reason. I am also partial to ANY line from Blazing Saddles like... "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

However, how about this "classic " line.... "I'm trying to think, but nothing happens" Curly Joe from The 3 Stooges... but can't remember the name of the movie.

Then there's always good lines from ANY of the Marx Brothers movies.

roadkill

#26 ·
"Hey, You're talking to me all wrong here. It's the wrong tone. You better watch it, or I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron. Hey, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that."

This is in Joe Dirt when Christopher Walken was talking to the fire extinguisher. Mr. Walken cracks me up!

#28 ·
PC Load Letter? What the F**K does that mean?
Office Space - Michael Bolton

I'd say in a given week, I do about 15 minutes of real, actual, work.
Office Space - Peter Gibbons talking to the "consultants Bob and Bob"

#31 · (Edited)
Not actually a line in a movie.
At the opening scene of the Worlds Fastest Indian. The shelf in Burts Garage that has all kinds of broken motorcycle engine parts. Written on the front of the shelf; Offerings to the God of Speed.

I guess my favorite line is "Alrighty Then" Ace Ventura, because I say it all the time.

Attachments

#36 ·
Can't believe nobody said it yet,"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm fresh out of bubble gum".
Rowdy Roddy Piper in the movie "They Live".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.