Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Modified DS450 Shocks

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  chandlerrb 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a pair of 09 CAN AM DS 450 FRONT SHOCKS, I have modified to fit the TRX 700XX. I bought these brand new, modified them and have ridden with them 8 times. These are a great improvement over the stock shocks. They have rebound and compression adjustments and I used the dual stage spring from the stock shock and shorten the DS spring to make them a dual rate set-up, so if you want to get rid of the pogo sticks that come on the 700xx at an affordable price then these are for you. You must use the small spring from your stock shocks with the modified DS spring or you can use the stock big spring from the 700. I’m 190lbs and have hit some big doubles and have also flat landed this set-up on some of the bigger jumps and this set-up soaked the landing right up without the harsh feel of bottoming out.
"""""""""""" PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING""""""""""""""You must grind a little off the stock upper shock mounts for these to fit. I did take a picture of the upper mount after grinding them down, but I painted them before I took the picture. It only took about 2-3 minutes per mount with a dermal tool to modify and you will need to use the stock small/dual rate spring. Send me an e-mail if you have any questions. $300 plus shipping or best offer...Thanks

PM me if you would like pictures.

#3 ·
I purchased Elka's, that were valved for my weight/riding style/+1 a-arms...the ds shocks were a great improvement over the stock pogo's, and the Elka's were a great improvement over the ds shocks, just depends on how much money you want to spend and how good of a rider you are.

You could put just about any adjustable shock in place of the stock shocks and it would be an improvement...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.