Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Which ATV Manufacturer is the Most Reliable?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Jmm24 
#1 ·

Tell us which brand you think makes the most reliable ATVs

No matter how good of a deal you think you’re getting, buying an ATV is a major purchase. While a plush suspension and powerful engine are important buying decisions, perhaps the greatest concern for an ATV buyer is reliability. So, which ATV manufacturer is the most reliable?

We figured nobody was more qualified to answer this question than you, the reader and ATV enthusiast.
Read more about Which ATV Manufacturer is the Most Reliable? at ATV.com.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yamaha, honda, can-am, polaris ??? Really??? I certainly dont have a problem with yamaha at no1 as had one and did 10,000 miles until the stator failed but up until that point it was bomb proof !
The honda is doing good at nearly 9000 miles, but can-am?
Nearly everyone in our group bought can-ams, and i dont think anyone can manage even a 1000 miles without some limp mode malfunction occuring!

#3 ·
I agree, I would be fine with either Honda or yami at #1 but I have never really liked the canned hams. Although I do like their new X3 SxS....I have looked at them a few times now.....and you know nothing good can come from that!:grin:

#6 · (Edited)
I'd have to disagree on the Polaris statements. At least in the youth line up. The 4 that I currently own, take or get little to no maintenance and still all run great. My 06 50cc Predator has been running fine for me since 2010. My 13 yr old road it for a few yrs. And my 9 yr old triplets have been riding it since they were 3 or 4. I also have a pair of 90 cc sportsmans. The 13 yr old road for a few years as well. And now the 9 yr old boys are getting there turn, starting last year. Also in the stable is a 200 cc Phoenix, I purchased for my daughter that's 21, she's been riding it for 5 to 6 years. And now the 13 yr old boy also rides it for the last couple of years. It's been to Wayne National Forest several times, Perry state forest once, and to West Virginia more times than I could count. Goes through creeks and up most of the hills I go up with the 700xx. A new plug once and a few oil changes is all I've done, besides new grips, front break pads, and 4 tires.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

#9 · (Edited)
I've had lots of luck with both my 08 Outlander 650 and 2014 renegade 800r to this point, a few minor issues but nothing that's kept them off the trails though I am pretty meticulous when it comes to maintenance and the wide variety of machines helps to keep the mileage/hours down on all of them. With the current selection of Honda ATVs being so underpowered, I'll continue buying Can Ams when looking for a new thrill ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.