Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Fmf exhaust

5K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  08hondatrx700xx 
#1 ·
My fmf powercore exhaust made it in today! Fairly simple install after i went to walmart and bought some decent tools lol! My 12mm socket was a 1/4" drive and it just didnt cut it for busting loose the clamp on the factory pipe. Anyways once i got that taken care of she slipped right on. Was around 9 when i finished so didnt really want to drive around the neighborhood but what i did hear from it while pulling it around back to park it sounded great.

Just one ?? - Can i get by without the silicone it calls for where the header slips in the reducer sleeve? Should be very easy to pull off and add if you guys think i should. Just got to go buy the stuff. ( wish i would have thought of it at walmart :) )

#2 ·
I used nothing on mine and it dose not blow at the joint. what fuel programer you using ?

#5 ·
dose not stick out past the origanal grab bar

#6 ·
Well mine got smashed racing, b/c someone hit me. But I def had mine on end w/ the stock grab bar and she didn't get harmed at all.

As for the silicone, when you run it, put a piece of paper around where it meets the adapter and see if it moves from exhaust hitting it, if not, then I wouldn't worry about it. Really, it shouldn't move anyway due to the resistance to flow, but just some food for though. I'd like to see just the slip on actually, and how it sounds over a full one like mine.

#7 ·
Looking forward to purchase the same system. My question is can I later adapt the fmf header to this exhaust or does it have to be the 4.1?

#8 ·
any fmf pipe will fit to a fmf header

#10 ·
I went ahead and ordered the FMF powercore slip-on. I heard the 4.1 is really nice but I honestly don't know the difference and didn't have the extra mula for it. I will eventually get the header for it but have to settle for a slip-on for now.

#12 ·
it does stick out past the grab bar. i was riding a wheelie and went a little to hard on the gas and flipped it straight back. it scratched up the tip and it bent in where its bolted to the bike. after that as soon as i get enough money im buying a new back rack.

#13 ·
You guys will be happy with the slip-on! I know i am, it sounds great. And mine does not stick out past my grab bar :nuts: It is within cm's but the grab bar clears it. Had mine stood up for a minute or two draining water so i had plenty of time to look lol ( stupid me! )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.