Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum - View Single Post - XC Racing
Thread: XC Racing
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 09-11-2010, 10:50 PM
TRX700XXX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just raced GNCC today in NY in collage B class today. I tricked the tech inspector and made it look like my kill switch works even tho it doesn't. Didn't notice any other 700xx's there either. I raced with the mods below and didn't finish. On the first lap, I hit a small tree and bent my right tie rod. I still road it for 3 laps but steering it was too hard and called it quits. The most important mod on any quad is a steering stabilizer which thankfully I had even though the bars got ripped out of my hands anyway. Knowing what I know now, I would have done the rear shocks before engine mods. I'm about 135lbs and there was just endless whoops and the rear kicked the whole time. More power is nice but suspension is sooooo much more important. I kept up with the people in my class for a while but my arms got really tired quickly from fighting the steering. If you really want to race gncc, just buy a 450, they're much lighter better for tight woods. But you can still have fun and keep up on the 700xx. My next mods would be re-valve rear shocks and texiera tech upper front a arms for quicker steering. Doing that will that will be enough to stick with my class for the entire race.

2008 red TRX700, CCP stabilizer, PRM Desert II, 13T sprocket, 23" Razr 2's, 11/16" sway bar,Elka Stage 2 Fronts, EHS Big 3, UNI filter, IMS PowerMadd Hand Guards, Wiigstyle rear shock re-spring, Teixeira Tech front upper A-arms,Precision Shock & Vibe clamps, Tusk Chub CR high bend, ODI Rouge grips, HCC seat cover, kenda kutter rear.

2010 camo Polaris Sportsman 850

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome