Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

xx mx

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  ChrisCollings 
#1 ·
i want to set up my quad for mx for a littel winter project. i have about $2500 to spend. right now my xx is stock execpt for tires. i just want to hear ur ideas of the best bang for the buck. i am not realy shure what section this would go under?

#2 ·
for mx, i would lower the ride height, and get some +2 a arms for some good stability.. ***cough (i have a set for sale) cough*** a good sway bar is a must for mx IMO!!! I run DuraBlue, and performs great. I was always against a 13T, but I used it once, and it's great for coming out of the turns... some shocks or shock work is ideal as well...

#4 ·
not true...u can ride for so much longer...and u dont have to worry bout landing on one wheel

#5 · (Edited)
My opinion is kind of in between. I know you can have fun on an MX track with whatever you ride. Be it a 200X or a sport ute, it is all what you make of it. When it comes down to comparing a 450 to a 700xx on an mx track, I don't think it is a fair comparison. They are each built for different purposes. Kind of like comparing a Cadillac to a Porsche.

#6 · (Edited)
will the xx be a capable mxer after some handling mods like l8ton sway bar, elka stage 3 fornt shocks, wigstyle comprshion and respring and revalve rear shocks, and 19 10 10 itp mxr4 and 21 up front. i probly will only race 4 times a year but go to the pratice track once a week.
i just want to be able to almost hang with a stock 450 on the track do u guys and girls think its posible? i know the rider is everything so i am hopeing with pratice its possible

#9 ·
If your gunna use 2 ply tires dont go below 8 psi or you will shred them but they wont last that long anyway and dont go to wide on the rear width either . :D

#13 ·
I would be nervous to use my 700xx for MX because the dam thing weighs 500LBS. Ur better off with a 450 for mx.....they weigh MUCH LESS. Unless ur a crazy dude who will whip that 700xx like a 125 dirtbike, then go for it :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.