Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Which slipon and do i need a programmer

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  sicksnake 
#1 ·
I have a prm grab bar so not worried about damage, just want some deeper sound and a few ponies, im happy with the power it makes. Do i need a programmer? Sorry if this subject is like..:beat:just need some answers. :thanks:

#3 ·
I installed my Slipon without an efi and I could tell quad did not like it. Got the EFI a week later and it made a big difference. I wouldn't run it without a slipon if I were you.

#4 ·
i just ordered my HMF slip-on and will be ordering the EHS controller. i dont plan on going any further than those and an air filter. i wont be able to install it until i get home in january, so until then, i will only have photos of it out of the box.

but yes, you will definitely want a controller with the slip-on.

#9 ·
I hate doing things twice lol. Go with EHS for the big 3. Eric has spent a lot of time on the dyno with his combo. I have been to his shop and seen it with my own two eyes. Eric has the best customer service and knows the 700xx inside and out.

#11 ·
I hate doing things twice lol. Go with EHS for the big 3. Eric has spent a lot of time on the dyno with his combo. I have been to his shop and seen it with my own two eyes. Eric has the best customer service and knows the 700xx inside and out.
:thanks:
I went with a FMF slipon because I didn't have the money for a full exhaust and knew I could later get the powerbomb header. After Installing the slipon I noticed I needed an EFI and so I got that. It made a BIG difference. I saved a couple bucks and now a powerbomb header will be deliver tomorrow. If you have the money I would suggest you get the EHS big 3 kit and if not go the route I went.
:thanks: I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 ·
I went with a FMF slipon because I didn't have the money for a full exhaust and knew I could later get the powerbomb header. After Installing the slipon I noticed I needed an EFI and so I got that. It made a BIG difference. I saved a couple bucks and now a powerbomb header will be deliver tomorrow. If you have the money I would suggest you get the EHS big 3 kit and if not go the route I went.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.