Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Audiopipe

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Drewao8 
#1 ·
Hey guys i have found another use for my prm cargo rack!! A few of my buddys have these setups on their utilititys and everyone and their mother has speakers hanging off of their rhinos and rangers but i havent seen to many speaker systems set up on sport quads, But i decided i wanted to give it a shot and the cargo rack gave me the opportunity.

i used 6" sewer pipe (about 8" worth ) , 2- 90* elbows/ collared on both ends, a mitzu mini 500 watt amp, 6 1/2" soundstream marine speakers, 12 volt outlets, toggle switch, some hose clamps, and a rca-to-headphone jack cable

it was very simple to build once i decided exactly how i wanted to do it. I made it to where it is only 26" wide so that it fits perfect on the rack. The store bought ones are way wider and can go for $300 +. All in all i spent just under $200 and it sounds great!

I will try to post pics:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I just hooked it up to the xx's battery. But with the toggle switch i can cut off all power so it wont drain anything when parked. The only problem i ran into is the male end 12v accessory has a red led light that lets you kno its plugged in. So for now im just unplugging it so the light doesnt drain my battery but it is a pain because i have it mounted under my seat. Im gonna try to find one without the light today.

#9 ·
Awesome idea! I might "borrow" a few design concepts from here... haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.