Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

i need help!

5K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  OFUD 
#1 ·
my bike is smoking only when i rev the bike otheer people say cause its cold but yesterdat i was like 40-45 degrees outside i was in shorts today its very cold and it was the same thing as yester day i hpoe its nothing major

#2 ·
not a pro wrench or nothing, but I know it helps if you tell color of smoke.

#6 ·
White smoke usually means its burning oil.

#7 ·
White smoke is usually antifreeze, blue smoke is oil, black smoke means too much fuel.

#10 ·
Have you checked your oil and antifreeze levels if it is burning either of those that would help diagnose the problem a little better

#11 ·
yes i have a level of above upper on the anti freeze and the oil shows up on lower but i really dont plan to ride it till i change it i have extra oil and i could take out some anitfreeze if thats the problem and i just changed the air filter could it be to much pj1 filter spray? thank for the help guys

#12 ·
Its a good possibility, because everytime you pin the gas and rev the motor its sucking pretty hard on that filter, I hope that's all it is man. And if it is just take a paper towel and wrap it around the filter and it will wick out all the excess oil.

#15 ·
What I do is get the filter dry and then put a light coating over the whole filter and let it sit for at least a couple hours. Then pinch the filter, one finger on the inside and one on the outside if both your index finger and thumb have oil on them then you're good IMO. But the inner part of the filter should have very little oil compared to the outer. Just oil in light coats and take your time its really easy to over oil.

#21 ·
Its not because of cold weather, its just a normal thing and wont hurt the bike. Just let it idle for a bit and let the clutch get wet before taking off.

#23 ·
just curious, have you ever sank the bike?

#24 ·
most of the time for a general rule of thumb if the smoke blows out and goes away its not a big worry but if it smokes and leave a cloud that hovers or there is a smoke trail from 500ft away thats bad

#25 ·
thats how mine started out, just smoking when reving. then it woulnt run at all. i had to replace my top end. i wouldnt just ride it like that, if it is the top end you may only need rings and not the whole cylinder head like i did. better to get it checked sooner then later. pull your plug and see if its covered in oil. that will tell you a lot. good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.