Wohhoo Warranty Time again - this time it's the PCIII - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-06-2009, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
headscratch Wohhoo Warranty Time again - this time it's the PCIII

Went riding today and it went great for a few minutes, then the quad started popping on the top end. After shutting it down the quad for fear of something breaking. (My fear was something like the cam lobes being rounded or something extreme like that.) So I get the quad version of the walk of shame...I get pulled back to the parking lot.

Of course all kinds of things are going though my head:

Did I put the oil filter in correctly?

Did I over oil the air filter and foul out the plug?

Well I get back to camp and pull the plug thinking it's fouled and it's perfect, no oil or anything yucky on it. I check the oil and I'm good there too. I look in the gas tank because I forgot to fill up before getting to my riding area.

Crap. Could that be it?

I fill it up and...nope...it started, but after I shut it off it wouldn't start again grrr....

So I pull out my laptop and decide to check the programmer. When I noticed the lights were only on for a short while I plugged in my laptop for the confirmation.

Yep.

The USB device was malfunctioning (according to XP), so I removed the programmer, put the stock air lid back on and put the spark arrestor beck in the muffler - all so I can restrict the flow and keep it from leaning out without a programmer ritchening the fuel mix. After that it fired right up and actually I was quite impressed with how well it did in spite of the programmer not being there.

Oh, and the PCIII comes with a year warranty and Fuelkmoto adds another two years to the manufacturer warranty, so I'm glad I bought from them..

I'll post up what they say when they get it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad thats all it was, Scuzz! She may not be as strong without pclll but ur still ridin!

700XX CRAZY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)
post #3 of 8 Old 06-06-2009, 11:01 PM
MFR

Scuzz, sorry to here about your PC III, that is odd. you should see if you can exchange for the PCV. It is much smaller and as you know is upgradable. Before you call Fuelkmoto try direct with DynoJet no guarantees but worth a shot. They are good people there.

ALBA Stage 3 Kit,Throttle body taper-bored to 46mm, HMF Ballance Pro Full Exhaust,DYNOJET Power Comander 5, DYNOJET Auto Tune, Velocity Filter, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires.

Current
(2) 2008 TRX700XX
(1) 2008 Raptor 250
(1) KTM 505XC
Past
2004 YFZ450
2004 Raptor660
2006 RMZ450
2000 KX250

“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.” Abe Lincoln.

Last edited by scuzz; 06-07-2009 at 04:52 PM. Reason: edited number out

post #4 of 8 Old 06-07-2009, 08:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to xx700xx
Good to hear nothing catastrophic happened. Its a Honda, you can toss a grenade in the motor and it will survive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 8 Old 06-07-2009, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFR View Post
Before you call Fuelkmoto try direct with DynoJet no guarantees but worth a shot. They are good people there.
Thanks! Anyone that I should talk to? That is where I was hoping to go with this.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by scuzz; 06-07-2009 at 05:45 PM.
post #6 of 8 Old 06-08-2009, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

I got shot down by Dusty.

They are going to RMA it and repair or send me a new one.

post #7 of 8 Old 06-08-2009, 07:22 PM
MFR

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
I got shot down by Dusty.

They are going to RMA it and repair or send me a new one.
I talked to Dusty, He said they are unable to exchange PCIII for PCV because from the Companies stand point people will purposely damage there PC III to exchange for PC V and that would cost them big. Makes sense to me. Other than that He is more than willing to help get the problem fixed for the PC III.

Sorry I wasn't more help.

ALBA Stage 3 Kit,Throttle body taper-bored to 46mm, HMF Ballance Pro Full Exhaust,DYNOJET Power Comander 5, DYNOJET Auto Tune, Velocity Filter, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires.

Current
(2) 2008 TRX700XX
(1) 2008 Raptor 250
(1) KTM 505XC
Past
2004 YFZ450
2004 Raptor660
2006 RMZ450
2000 KX250

“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.” Abe Lincoln.
post #8 of 8 Old 06-08-2009, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

I don't fault you at all, actually I appreciate your offer to help.

No worries here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode