PC III USB questions... - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 06-08-2009, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PC III USB questions...

Ok, im looking at getting a Yosh or FMF slip on, and a PC III. What exactly does the PC III do for the quad? i dont like having to carry a laptop on my rides because we go to a pretty remote place and i dont want to be doing a bunch of mods every ride. when i buy a PC III is it pre-programmed for the quad to run right? im not really that great at the whole mechanical thing with quads so i need the "dummy" version for it to make sense. if anyone can clear up what exactly a PC III does and if i need it that much with a slip on please help me. Many thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-09-2009, 01:10 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The PCIII is a electronic doo-dad that is the Fuel Injection equivelent of jetting.

Just like when you buy an exhaust and you have to rejet it; with a Fuel Injected quad you install the exhaust and then the PCIII.

Once you set it up you dont need a laptop.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-09-2009, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Ok, so how do i tune it in when i get it? how do i know what setting to put it at?

post #4 of 4 Old 06-09-2009, 06:46 PM

You'll plug the PCIII into your computer via USB cable (you'll also need a 9V battery as the PC doesn't power itself from the USB port, and batteries aren't included) and install the software that's included on a DVD. Once you have the software, you can either create your own custom fuel maps, download some generic ones from Power Commander, or use the Bo White maps that I think most of us are using here. You can download the ZIP file here: https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showpost...4&postcount=16

If you use the ones that Bo (aka Velociraptor) has tuned, you'll see there are two. One says it has a GM addon, that is just an adjustment that Scuzz has included to lean it out a little bit.

The software is really easy to use and the install is pretty easy as well. I'm not that all mechanically inclinded myself, but I got my PCIII installed by myself, so you shouldn't really have any problems. Hope this helps!

2008 Honda TRX700XX
DG V-Pro Front Grab Bar/HID Headlights/Flexx Handlebars/Fasst Vibration Inserts/Odi Rogue Grips/MSR Pro-Raptor Shorty Shifter/Trail Tech Vapor Computer/Trail Tech Vapor 1 1/8" Dashboard/
Velocity Racing Intake/EHS Racing Power lid/DG X2 Slip-on/
Power Commander III EFI Controller/
Skat-Trak Mohawk/Extreme on Douglas Wheels
Full set of custom 1.5" 4/110 to 4/144 Wheel Spacers/Adapters
Elka Shocks (Full Set)
DG Factory Nerfs w/Rear Nets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode