MPG/Mi per Tank - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-24-2009, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
MPG/Mi per Tank

Not sure where to post this, so I guess I'll post it here...

I'm going on a very desolate camping trip this coming weekend where I'll have a TON of miles of riding without seeing a single person. Just curious to what mpg this quad gets, or if anyone knows how many miles per tank u can go?

Any reply would be useful so I can guage whether or not I'll need to strap a gas can on (someone else's) bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-24-2009, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
That is so, so hard to gauge because it'll depend on many variables like terrain, mods, load and riding style. When mine was stock I could pretty much ride all day. Now with the big three, about half of the day. Sand and mud will use more gas with sand using the most.

I hope this helps.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 7 Old 06-24-2009, 12:55 PM

I rode like a bat out o hell for 2 days, 1st day approx 65 miles or less. She took 2 gallons +- from the can at the end of the day.

My terrain was mostly flat loose gravel, with some mud and water.

Any thoughts about strapping on a 1 gal gas can? I know, its a bomb. Anyone else you riding with? How about the larger tanks (IMS?)

also check this out..
http://www.tourbuddy.com/atv.shtml

would be cool to have something that screws onto the top of your tank, kind of like a hot water bladder (the old red ones). Fill it with gas to top off and it sits on top of your existing tank or something... Hmmmmm.

Last edited by double_0_xx; 06-24-2009 at 01:01 PM.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-24-2009, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Luckily for me I have one guy in the group with a big polaris sportsman. I think his quad would be the best to make the rolling time bomb (aka gas carrier). I ride too out of control to do it. He rides significantly slower and more stable.
Most of my riding is desert trails, gravel roads, hard compact dirt, some muds and streams, etc. Excited to get the 700 out there
post #5 of 7 Old 06-24-2009, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWiSS916 View Post
Luckily for me I have one guy in the group with a big polaris sportsman. I think his quad would be the best to make the rolling time bomb (aka gas carrier). I ride too out of control to do it. He rides significantly slower and more stable.
Most of my riding is desert trails, gravel roads, hard compact dirt, some muds and streams, etc. Excited to get the 700 out there
I had the pleaasure of flogging the xx for over 110 miles in western pa. Converted rails to trails with tons of off shoots, hills etc. I wrote a full review in the general section.

The 700 is my first big sport quad, just tapping the throttle at 60mph to slide the corner is amazing.

Be careful.. I flipped her backwards on top of myself while landing on a rock with my back. See the story. Full body armor. It is a necessity if you ride like a mad man.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-24-2009, 05:08 PM

try the oversized gas tank from IMS... very helpful when racing or riding for a long while
post #7 of 7 Old 06-24-2009, 05:33 PM

yep i'm orderin mine soooooon as i can!

700XX CRAZY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HMF Ballance slip-on
PCIII w/"BO MAP"
Outerwear Lid Mod (by me)
Trail Tech Riser
Chub Bars
HONDA Bar Pad
RAZR2 Fronts
RAZR Rears
Elephant Ear Hand Guards(LOL)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode