Vapor Kit question - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 07-01-2009, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Vapor Kit question

well i already bought it so the only question i have is, if anyone has a vapor kit already , how hard was it to install? what did you have to do with the radiator hose to insert the temp sensor? anything the instructions didnt show that you had problems with? about how long was installation? and what all did you have to take apar, like plastics and stuff to get the wires run from the battery up to the dash?

Last edited by rsshelton; 07-02-2009 at 12:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-05-2009, 04:25 PM

Well, I haven't finished installing mine yet. I never seem to be in the mood to do it for some reason. But I'll tell you this, you won't be able to install the speed sensor how they show in the instructions. The magnetic bolt that goes into the brake caliper is too high for the sensor to read it properly. So, you'll have to find out some kind of workaround for that. I'm not exactly sure what that will be yet, but one of the guys on here told me before that he found a place on the other side of the caliper to install his and it works like that.

2008 Honda TRX700XX
DG V-Pro Front Grab Bar/HID Headlights/Flexx Handlebars/Fasst Vibration Inserts/Odi Rogue Grips/MSR Pro-Raptor Shorty Shifter/Trail Tech Vapor Computer/Trail Tech Vapor 1 1/8" Dashboard/
Velocity Racing Intake/EHS Racing Power lid/DG X2 Slip-on/
Power Commander III EFI Controller/
Skat-Trak Mohawk/Extreme on Douglas Wheels
Full set of custom 1.5" 4/110 to 4/144 Wheel Spacers/Adapters
Elka Shocks (Full Set)
DG Factory Nerfs w/Rear Nets
post #3 of 11 Old 07-06-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

i have a feeling im not putting the speed sensor or the temp guage in lol, i only want to see my rpm's dont really care about anything else, temp would be nice but i can usually tell when shes getting hot

post #4 of 11 Old 07-06-2009, 05:29 PM

lol....too bad for me, because I really wanted the speedometer! "I WANNA GO FAST!!"...and I want to see how fast I'm going!

2008 Honda TRX700XX
DG V-Pro Front Grab Bar/HID Headlights/Flexx Handlebars/Fasst Vibration Inserts/Odi Rogue Grips/MSR Pro-Raptor Shorty Shifter/Trail Tech Vapor Computer/Trail Tech Vapor 1 1/8" Dashboard/
Velocity Racing Intake/EHS Racing Power lid/DG X2 Slip-on/
Power Commander III EFI Controller/
Skat-Trak Mohawk/Extreme on Douglas Wheels
Full set of custom 1.5" 4/110 to 4/144 Wheel Spacers/Adapters
Elka Shocks (Full Set)
DG Factory Nerfs w/Rear Nets
post #5 of 11 Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 PM

I used the location for the sensor where it told me to put it. It's figuring the rpm that's all messed up.

2Bros Exhaust, 2Bros Juice Box, UNI Filter, Renthal 13t Front Sprocket, TrailTech Vapor, TrailTech Logo Bar Clamp, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires, Tusk Chubb Bars, ProGrip Hand Grips, Pro Grip Lever Grips, PowerMadd Hand Guards, PowerMadd Mirrors, PowerMadd Hand Wraps, AMR Racing Graphics, Pro Armour Bullhorn Bumper, Ricochet Skids
post #6 of 11 Old 08-19-2009, 01:26 PM

I insalled mine in an afternoon. wasnt that hard.. had to wrap the tach wire tho. as far as the speed senser just installed it according to the instructions. made my own mounting bracket at wook.(job perks of tool and die maker). as far as running the wires to the batt not to much plastic in the road. i really like mine!! even tuned the speedo in with a GPS unit (magellen).
post #7 of 11 Old 08-19-2009, 01:29 PM

oh ya the bolt that is to high for the speed sensor has a extra magnet on it for a seperat install. take the extra mag off and it should fit
post #8 of 11 Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 PM

how and where did you intall the rpm cabler? Wat settings do you have for the speedo?
post #9 of 11 Old 09-14-2009, 01:33 PM

had to wrap the wire for the rpm around the tach wire down by the coil. gimme a little bit and ill check my setting for the mph
post #10 of 11 Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 PM

I think I want to get one of these.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode