• 1 Post By Luecker

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-24-2014, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
Battery change !!

I am replacing my stock battery with an Anti-Gravity 12 cell oem case that I got off ebay for $160 shipped. (retail is $220)

There is a significant weight difference. I haven't wieghed the stock battery yet.

Here is a link to the same battery I bought. Listing says 10 cell but it is actually a 12 cell. (on website they have 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20 cell battery's).
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antigravity-...beda59&vxp=mtr

Battery would be easier to remove/install if they didn't put the seat mount directly over the top of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-24-2014, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
grin

yeah when my oem goes out thats the way i am going too . you save around 6 poundsi believe, the hell with them old heavy oems, heck i switched to lithium on my cordless work tools and the batteries are way lighter!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
08 700XX PRM Six Pack Rack Hardline hour meter EHS EFI Controller EHS Lid with side vents Barker Full Exhaust Uni Air Filter alba nerfs elka stg4 fronts sti rims kutter front gbcxrex rear
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-31-2014, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Be careful with the lithium batteries , if you leave the Key on one time over night those lithium batteries are done, those batteries are meant to have a Battery management system to cut off the electrical load if the cell voltage drops below a pre set voltage , like your cordless tool or RC toys they don't slow down or slowly lose power they just quit working until you charge them again , that system is not on our atv's electrical systems , they will work but you have to really be good about turning the key off. good luck

post #4 of 8 Old 04-01-2014, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Let us know how you like it. I thought about getting the CV4 battery. It's supposed to be 6-8 pounds lighter than oems. You really can't charge them with a normal charger though. That's why I haven't gotten one, the charger that they make special for the CV4 was like 100 bucks extra

Last edited by Jmm24; 04-01-2014 at 08:39 PM.
post #5 of 8 Old 04-02-2014, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I weighed the stock battery yesterday. 6 lbs 14 oz. New battery specs say it weighs 2lbs 4 ozs. So a savings of about 4.5lbs.

I bought it for the extra cranking amps and the lighter weight is a bonus.

I think the anti-gravity battery charger is $65.
post #6 of 8 Old 05-08-2016, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luecker View Post
I weighed the stock battery yesterday. 6 lbs 14 oz. New battery specs say it weighs 2lbs 4 ozs. So a savings of about 4.5lbs.

I bought it for the extra cranking amps and the lighter weight is a bonus.

I think the anti-gravity battery charger is $65.
How's the Anti-Gravity charger working out for you? I want to upgrade my battery for more lighting capacity and and AG seems like the way to go

-2008 Alba Racing TRX700xx Desert Runner-
post #7 of 8 Old 05-08-2016, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
It's been working great. Only issue I have had is when I removed it to rebuild my top end, the negative battery cable cracked the corner of the case. I sent it back to anti-gravity and they tested the cells and re-cases it and sent it back.

Starts up good even with the stage 3 hot cams and higher compression. I run HID bulbs and am going to add some Black Knight LED's soon. (14" bar and 2 pods). Hopefully they are still have the special when I have some extra money.
blakjak619 likes this.

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #8 of 8 Old 05-08-2016, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luecker View Post
It's been working great. Only issue I have had is when I removed it to rebuild my top end, the negative battery cable cracked the corner of the case. I sent it back to anti-gravity and they tested the cells and re-cases it and sent it back.

Starts up good even with the stage 3 hot cams and higher compression. I run HID bulbs and am going to add some Black Knight LED's soon. (14" bar and 2 pods). Hopefully they are still have the special when I have some extra money.
The deal is still active and will be for a while. You will not be disappointed with this setup it's one of the best bang for your buck deals out there. Kyle can even do custom lens and strobe setups too. I run the (14" bar and 2 pod) setup but want to upgrade to (2) 14" bars with flash and strobe. I'll get a custom removable light rack for the bars then run 1 pod mounted low in the frame and thinking of a way to mount the other pod in the headlight housing. I'm even thinking of running 2 AG batteries. 1 regular style to replace the OEM and one of the small case batteries to run lights only.

-2008 Alba Racing TRX700xx Desert Runner-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode