For those of us in dusty areas - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-25-2008, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of us in dusty areas

These just came out. I have one on the way and it looks like a great way to keep the filter area cleaner.

http://www.ehsracing.com/products/tr...airbox_EHS.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-25-2008, 01:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
"because nobody likes a dirty box"

That's funny. But yea I've seen these on other models and they are definitely a good product.
post #3 of 11 Old 11-25-2008, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
That's the kind of thing that get's me all excited.

Here's the pricing:

Complete Setup

$130Kit

$TBAPricing Info

All Kits and Completes are priced with an aluminum plate and black filter. Color options are upgrades at $5 each Replacement Filter (Black)

$15Replacement Filter (Colored)

$20

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 11 Old 11-25-2008, 02:29 PM

Those look sweet, but I'm going to stick with the stock airbox and a Velocity filter setup. I put an open airbox with a complete exhaust system on my Raptor and I had to end up gearing it down on the front sprocket to get my bottom end back. Not to mention that it was a HUGE pain in the ass to get jetted right. That open airbox had a huge effect on the fuel demands. An aftermarket filter will make a big difference on its own, even without opening the box up.
post #5 of 11 Old 11-25-2008, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

It looks like the area that the outerwear cover lets air in is almost the same size as the front snorkle opening, so there wont be a big improvement in air flow, but all openings will be covered by filter material to help keep it cleaner. I have the Velocity filter with outerwear cover on it, but the inside of the box gets trashed in one day of riding.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-25-2008, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xx-rated View Post
Those look sweet, but I'm going to stick with the stock airbox and a Velocity filter setup. I put an open airbox with a complete exhaust system on my Raptor and I had to end up gearing it down on the front sprocket to get my bottom end back. Not to mention that it was a HUGE pain in the ass to get jetted right. That open airbox had a huge effect on the fuel demands. An aftermarket filter will make a big difference on its own, even without opening the box up.
They reccomend putting a fuel managment tool on there if this part is put on, so they sort of cover that issue of it running lean. You probably are running a little lean with your aftermarket filter already (just an FYI)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 11 Old 11-25-2008, 05:25 PM

I don't even have the Velocity filter yet. I won't put it on until I install my pipe and controller that I will be ordering next week! Believe me, I'm well aware of the effect of increased air flow. And you are right, the EHS box is not the same as just running an open airbox.

How is the inside of your airbox getting dirty that easy? Are you running without a lid?
post #8 of 11 Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Running with a lid, but we havent had any rain here in a long time and the dust is real bad. So bad you cant follow anyone and see the trails in front of you. We have all been doing rain dances, but so far no luck. I thought about making my own cover for the intake on the box till I found these
post #9 of 11 Old 11-25-2008, 06:12 PM

Now that I have looked at that lid a little closer, it doesn't look like it will take in much more air than the stock lid. It should definitely keep the dust out, so I guess that is what you were looking for in the first place. I've seen those for the Grizzly, good to see the XX getting some love from the aftermarket industry!
post #10 of 11 Old 11-25-2008, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx-rated View Post
Now that I have looked at that lid a little closer, it doesn't look like it will take in much more air than the stock lid. It should definitely keep the dust out, so I guess that is what you were looking for in the first place. I've seen those for the Grizzly, good to see the XX getting some love from the aftermarket industry!
I agree. Finally there are a few aftermarket parts for the 700. FYI, the Velocity filter really flows a lot more air than the stock one did. I added fuel on the Juicebox settings to compensate and she runs great now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode