700xx in for Dyno before start of mods - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 Old 10-09-2009, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
700xx in for Dyno before start of mods

Took the 700xx in today to DASA Racing in Riverside, Ca. for a run on the Dyno before I started the process of upgrading. Getting the bike ready for the dunning season at Glamis.
I have known Dan Lamey the Owner of DASA Racing for better the 20 yrs and he has done all the work on my 86 TRX250R. He also builds the 450R motors for Joe Byrd as well as many other racers and Teams. Just a little history!
So before I started I wanted to get it Dyno-ed so I call DASA and talked to Dan about scheduling some Dyno time and he ask what I was doing. I told him that I had just got a TRX700xx and that I was going to be bolting on a new full exhaust and air filter as well as a PCV with Auto Tune. He sounded very interested and we talked a bit more and Dan asked if he could build the exhaust and Air intake. I always liked the sound of his exhaust and I know they work very well on the 450s, so off to DASA I went. See the Dyno run sheet below. Looks like I should have the bike back in about 10 days or so.

Bike has 13 tooth sprocket installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dyno_stock.jpg (58.0 KB, 299 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 Old 10-09-2009, 12:06 AM

Badass! DASA needs to do a center mounted exhaust like they do on the LTR450 Suzuki! That'd sweet! I hear all the 'zuk guys looooove DASA. Can't wait to see what he comes up with for you! Is he going to mass produce the exhaust?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #3 of 42 Old 10-09-2009, 12:13 AM Thread Starter

I think that is the plan. They need it for the 10 days to make the jigs. He is also looking at an adpter for his filter and mods to the air box.
I was pleased with the stock number from the dyno runs.
It was about 60 deg this morning when we did them and I think his shop is about 800 or so feet ASL.

post #4 of 42 Old 10-09-2009, 12:16 AM

Right on... I know DASA is top quality. Should be good competition for Alba! I'll be anxious to see which comes out first and which makes the most power. I think i'm at 800ft as well, maybe a tad higher.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #5 of 42 Old 10-09-2009, 06:27 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
A center exit exhaust would look sweet, I would be in for one.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #6 of 42 Old 10-09-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
A center exit exhaust would look sweet, I would be in for one.
I think if you were using remote resevoirs and no airbox, it would be easy to do. I think the rear resevoirs keep this from happening.

post #7 of 42 Old 10-09-2009, 12:45 PM

Good you are getting Dasa on this, they make beautiful exhausts with top quality and awesome gains!

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #8 of 42 Old 10-09-2009, 03:21 PM

awesome but center mounted exhaust seems as impossible as duals on the 700xx
post #9 of 42 Old 10-09-2009, 04:09 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
A raptor has two exhaust ports, Thats why they can run duals. The XX has two exhaust valves but only one port

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #10 of 42 Old 10-09-2009, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
A raptor has two exhaust ports, Thats why they can run duals. The XX has two exhaust valves but only one port

700xx's can run duals, you just look retarded.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode