Slip-on, or full exhaust??? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-15-2009, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Slip-on, or full exhaust???

Hey guys, I'm just curious if a slip on is ok to get, or should I go with a full exhaust? I just don't want to waste my money getting a slip-on if it really doesn't do much as far as adding power, only better sound. I am looking at the HMF sport series pipe. All feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks I was also looking at the HMF optimizer as well. Let me know your thoughts on this please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-15-2009, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You do get a little more performance out of a full system. But depending on your budget, that little bit extra may not be worth it. If I was you I would NOT get the HMF Optimizer. Spend a little extra and get the Power Commander 5. Much better fuel management and will automatically adjust fuel when you increase air flow.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #3 of 11 Old 10-15-2009, 09:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Balling Option: Full Exhaust, PowerCommander V, Velocity Filter

Baller Option: Full Exhaust, PowerCommander & AirFilter

Best Option: Full Exhaust & PowerCommander

Better Option: Full Exhaust & Optimizer

Broke Option: Slip-on and PowerCommander

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

post #4 of 11 Old 10-17-2009, 11:18 AM

Hey Guys I am kind of lost with this question. I don't see a huge price difference between the 2, but Is there a huge difference between the PC 3 and PC 5.

Thanks in Advance,
CJ

08 Black/Black 700xx,13T,Ricochet Full Skid Plates (line-x),Pro Armor Nerf's (line-x),PRM Black Egde Bumper\Black Desert Grab Bar (line-x), EBC pads & Galfer Wave Rotors,Trail tech X bar's & riser clamp, Odi Rogue grips,UNI air filter,
Big 3 is what I am contemplating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 10-17-2009, 11:39 AM

Yes, The PCV can be used with an AutoTune Module and mapping is a bit more detailed. The PCIII is fine if you don't intend on using the AutoTune Feature

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #6 of 11 Old 10-17-2009, 12:21 PM

Yeah agree with smooth1, but if you are buying the PC new then get the PC5 since they cost exactly the same. The only thing I dont agree with him is on the Velocity filter, get the Pro Design kit with K&N if you dont ride in extremely dusty conditions, if you do look for foam Pro design. Oh, and get a full system, with the slipon the gain will be minimal and it is mostly sound.

2006 Raptor 700
Yoshi RS-7 full, PCV, Pro Design Foam, EHS lid, Flexx bars, 2" Rox antivibe risers, ASV C/5 levers, Powermadds, CCP stabilizer, HDUSA i3500 +2 a-arms ST, Rap 700 SE front shocks revalved/resprung by Wiigstyle, Fox Podium X rear shock, DWT Drift rear beadlocks, Hiper front beadlocks, Pro Armor XC nerfs and Race grab bar, Tag Agro bumper and railer chassis skid, PRM 0.25" swingarm skid plate

My name is Iņigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!!!
post #7 of 11 Old 10-17-2009, 12:27 PM

Thanks. I thought the pc5 needed another product added to it which brings the total cost to around 600. SO the only big difference is that the pc5 has a auto-tune and the PC3 would need to load 1 map at a time. Is this correct?
So if you have PC5 it would auto-tune for the condition you are riding in? Where as the PC3 you would need to load a separate map? I thought the tuning was based off of the aftermarket products you may have on the bike and not the condition of the riding area, or am I way off?

I just bought the UNI foam air filter, because I ride in coal dust a lot and didn't want any issue's.

08 Black/Black 700xx,13T,Ricochet Full Skid Plates (line-x),Pro Armor Nerf's (line-x),PRM Black Egde Bumper\Black Desert Grab Bar (line-x), EBC pads & Galfer Wave Rotors,Trail tech X bar's & riser clamp, Odi Rogue grips,UNI air filter,

Last edited by De700; 10-17-2009 at 12:31 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 10-17-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by De700 View Post
Thanks. I thought the pc5 needed another product added to it which brings the total cost to around 600. SO the only big difference is that the pc5 has a auto-tune and the PC3 would need to load 1 map at a time. Is this correct?
So if you have PC5 it would auto-tune for the condition you are riding in? Where as the PC3 you would need to load a separate map? I thought the tuning was based off of the aftermarket products you may have on the bike and not the condition of the riding area, or am I way off?

I just bought the UNI foam air filter, because I ride in coal dust a lot and didn't want any issue's.
The PC5 can be used stand alone, One of the other members has an actual dyno'd map for it also which is a plus. Even if you use purchase the Autotune Module you would want to use a map for a quicker tune.
Tuning is based off of performance alone, not riding conditions. (excl. High Altitudes)
The uni is fine with me also, I just recommend the Velocity if you need maximum breathing capabilities.

Last edited by smo0oth1; 10-17-2009 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Jus Cause
post #9 of 11 Old 10-17-2009, 01:13 PM

Wonderful, so the only diff is the pc5 will auto tune off that map you have installed where as the PC3 will just use that map.

Thanks for all the great info

post #10 of 11 Old 10-17-2009, 01:19 PM

You must purchase the Autotune Module seperately

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode