Clank in the bottom end of the motor - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 Old 10-19-2009, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
puke Clank in the bottom end of the motor

While riding this weekend, I thought I could hear something rattling but I had helmet on and nothing sounded wrong with the bike so I wasn't too worried. Pulled the quads off the trailer today and while it was cold and idling there is a definite clanking in the bottom end of the motor. I WANT TO SAY it only happens when the clutch is pulled, but I can't say that is 100% accurate. I'm going to wait for it to cool down again and then make a video of it so you guys can hear it, but I heard from the garage and the quad was 50 feet away in the street. It went away when it warmed up. Anyone have any ideas?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

Last edited by 5W0P3; 10-25-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 Old 10-20-2009, 03:17 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
the turbo encabulator must be going out. Seriously though, You have the oil filter in correctly?

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Last edited by smo0oth1; 10-20-2009 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Cause it's free
post #3 of 49 Old 10-20-2009, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
the turbo encabulator must be going out. Seriously though, You have the oil filter in correctly?
That's kind of what I was thinking, but then I thought the flux muster was burping and that's normal.

yeah, the filter has been in it for a while now. I'll have video later today of it, its not constant, its odd. I guess it could use an oil change...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

post #4 of 49 Old 10-22-2009, 09:59 PM

I think i heard the same from mine it was when i was slowing down with the clutch in and i just bought my quad Monday brand new from dealer. so i think i will call and take it in. i bought the two year warranty. oh yeah and it happened when slowing down down hill if that helps.
post #5 of 49 Old 10-22-2009, 10:00 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i think i'm going to be taking mine in soon too for the warranty.

post #6 of 49 Old 10-22-2009, 11:15 PM

I was wondering too is it normal when you shift into first from reverse or reverse to first for it to shift hard? or have to let clutch out a little for it to engage? im just hoping the new quad i bought doesnt turn out to be a lemon before i make my first payment.
post #7 of 49 Old 10-22-2009, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, you have to let it out a little bit somtimes. It's all in how the gears are meshed I think.

post #8 of 49 Old 10-25-2009, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbecke View Post
I was wondering too is it normal when you shift into first from reverse or reverse to first for it to shift hard? or have to let clutch out a little for it to engage? im just hoping the new quad i bought doesnt turn out to be a lemon before i make my first payment.
Relax, my X is the the same way, and so was my raptor for the 6 years I beat the snot outa it...
post #9 of 49 Old 10-25-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Video is posted.

post #10 of 49 Old 10-25-2009, 08:58 PM

Just guessing, but to me that sound like valvetrain noise, or a timing chain slap. Could be a malfunction of the auto decompression?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode