newbie questions - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 10-24-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
newbie questions

ok, I am a new member and this is my first post. just recently bought my xx and love it. also agree with some of the negative reviews that people have written about, however small and fixable problems I really have not complaints other than the couple small quirks. its an overall excellent quad.

I have been researching the threads a couple days since I joined and have learned a couple of things. I also know that these questions are asked frequently but notice that there are many answers to every one of those questions.

I am going to get a complete pipe setup and tuner and air F.

#1 From what I gather the PCv is the way to go, and what I am most likely going to get. my only question to that is, must you run the o2 sensor with this? and if I read correctly the o2 sensor is and extra $200!. I donít think I would want to pay that much for a sensor (unless the added benefit of this is a ton) if that is true then would the PC3 be just as good as the PCV w/o the o2 sensor.

#2 it sounds like the two best pipe set ups are the FMF and the alba. which is better?

#3 I'll be going with a foam filter (less maintenance) is the uni filter the best to get?

#4 what aftermarket wheels (and tire size) will fit on my quad? Iíve looked at AMS sight and the itp sight. I like wheels from both manufactures but only see 10" wheels for the rear. what do I need to get for front and rear????

thanks in advance and I know these are repetitive questions but just cant seem to find the right answers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 10-24-2009, 08:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome aboard.
#1 I think the PC5 uses the Auto Tune witch uses the O2 sensor. I don't think that it's required to work, so a PC3 would be the same.
#2 IMO the Yoshimura is one of the best along with the Alba.
#3 UNI, UNI, UNI. Unless you want the risk of dirt getting by the filter because you forgot to clean a K&N.
#4 There are no 11" rear wheel options for us just yet. A 10" will fit the, but the mud scrapers will have to go. The front wheels are easy to find in 10" sizes.
Don't worry about the repetitive questions. If everyone only asked a question once, the site would be dead.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #3 of 12 Old 10-24-2009, 11:20 PM

*from what i gather, the PCV is good if you have the extra cash and ride in different areas where you don't need to get off your quad and change your settings. I believe it adjusts itself. If you ride in one certain area for the most part, go with the PC3 or the Alba programmer
*ALBA for me. I've heard and seen the HMF in action and it's great. For me, it's just a matter of supporting those who support me... and will be running it with the matching programmer
*UNI is the way to go
* Douglas makes a wheel for the rear in 11", or if you have the cash, OMF can make some SICK wheels to your liking...

post #4 of 12 Old 10-25-2009, 01:00 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
The PC5 without the auto tune works just like the PCIII does and at least for the raptors is about the same price as the PCIII...so I would go with the newer technology, as far as the auto tune, it works very well, it for the most part keeps you from having to visit the dyno for a tune every time you add a new mod unless of course you do it all at once, so if you are going to do the big 3 and thats it I would not waste money getting the auto tune unless you do not have access to a dyno for tune, you can also get a few buddies together and purchase one auto tune and swap it between all your bikes, assuming they all have PC5's.

Hope this helps

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq
post #5 of 12 Old 10-25-2009, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

alright, ordered a uni filter.. are you guys heavy oiling these or light oil?

also, where is the best place to get coplete pipe kits and PCV? I cant find the pipes on the alba sight, only the engine kits.

Last edited by hobby10k; 10-25-2009 at 02:29 PM.
post #6 of 12 Old 10-25-2009, 02:45 PM

The Alba website isn't being run by them anymore... Call Alba directly and they can hook you up...
post #7 of 12 Old 10-25-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobby10k View Post
alright, ordered a uni filter.. are you guys heavy oiling these or light oil?

also, where is the best place to get coplete pipe kits and PCV? I cant find the pipes on the alba sight, only the engine kits.
I just got a PC V from 58cycles 280.95 shipped.

http://store.58cycle.com/Default.asp

If you have a 08 machine and you want the PC V you have to order one for an 09 machine. There are no differences in the two years, but Power Commander will not list it because they haven't actually tested the unit on an 08. I offered to take mine up there, they didn't even reply.
post #8 of 12 Old 10-25-2009, 07:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobby10k View Post
ok, I am a new member and this is my first post. just recently bought my xx and love it. also agree with some of the negative reviews that people have written about, however small and fixable problems I really have not complaints other than the couple small quirks. its an overall excellent quad.

I have been researching the threads a couple days since I joined and have learned a couple of things. I also know that these questions are asked frequently but notice that there are many answers to every one of those questions.

I am going to get a complete pipe setup and tuner and air F.

#1 From what I gather the PCv is the way to go, and what I am most likely going to get. my only question to that is, must you run the o2 sensor with this? and if I read correctly the o2 sensor is and extra $200!. I donít think I would want to pay that much for a sensor (unless the added benefit of this is a ton) if that is true then would the PC3 be just as good as the PCV w/o the o2 sensor.
You dont have to use the AutoTune feature but if you do purchase it you get the O2 sensor and tuning module.

#2 it sounds like the two best pipe set ups are the FMF and the alba. which is better?
The honest answer here is any of the major name brand exhaust will perform nearly identical. It's a choice of preferred sound and looks.

#3 I'll be going with a foam filter (less maintenance) is the uni filter the best to get?
The Uni gives you allot of bang for yer buck

#4 what aftermarket wheels (and tire size) will fit on my quad? Iíve looked at AMS sight and the itp sight. I like wheels from both manufactures but only see 10" wheels for the rear. what do I need to get for front and rear????
DWT can make you some 11" wheels, No one currently stocks them in our size and bolt pattern though

thanks in advance and I know these are repetitive questions but just cant seem to find the right answers
Damian

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #9 of 12 Old 10-30-2009, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

header

what about the FMF mega bomb header? is it any good, and can you run it with any muffler?

also, is there anywere that has pics of the alba exhaust system? I havn't called them but just would like to know a price and see a picture.
post #10 of 12 Old 10-31-2009, 03:10 AM

https://www.club700xx.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1483 ... bottom of the page

425 without O2 bung... 450 with...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode