Rear Sprocket - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 01-23-2015, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Rear Sprocket

I tried searching on here and couldn't find anything (or at least not recent) about where to buy a rear sprocket for the 700XX. Is my only option at this point going to the dealer?

I searched ebay, and the ones that came up were Moose Racing and PBI but they are both Aluminum which I've heard wears out quicker than steel (not sure if this is true or not). And I'm also not sure if I trust ebay descriptions for fitment.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Sid

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
mumbauer,
I recommend going to a dealer and get the steel sprocket and discussing the pros and cons of using a certain number of teeth vs the number on the output shaft. It will make an enormous difference to the power ranges in each gear. Not sure if you re talking about the output shaft sprocket or the actual rear one. Just a suggestion.
Sid
post #3 of 5 Old 01-24-2015, 07:12 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
I'm actually probably going to be replacing both sprockets as well as the chain. When I bought it the chain was REALLY out of adjustment and even after I tightened it up to specs, there's still a lot of "slop" against the sprocket.

After I posted, I did find a site that says they have titanium sprockets that they guarantee for life...not sure if I'd want to spend the premium to find out they don't back their product, but if they do back it (and are still in business)...then it sounds like it'd be a good deal.
http://sidewindersprockets.com/titan...sprockets.html

post #4 of 5 Old 01-24-2015, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbauer View Post
I'm actually probably going to be replacing both sprockets as well as the chain. When I bought it the chain was REALLY out of adjustment and even after I tightened it up to specs, there's still a lot of "slop" against the sprocket.

After I posted, I did find a site that says they have titanium sprockets that they guarantee for life...not sure if I'd want to spend the premium to find out they don't back their product, but if they do back it (and are still in business)...then it sounds like it'd be a good deal.
http://sidewindersprockets.com/titan...sprockets.html
Don' know anything about their sprockets, but I love their chains. I have their titanium chain and have no complaints at all.... Renthal 13t front, stock rear.

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #5 of 5 Old 01-26-2015, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...c&LH_PrefLoc=2

Don't know who builds these sprockets but this is what I have found.

Also , I have run a PBI rear ali sprocket. It lasted about 22 hours of racing in all kinds of stuff including changing the front sprocket for differant races/types. Impressed with it but price is steep for a guy in the UK on Ebay. Unless Dan could help out.

Just bought a Moose ali one and after punishing the PBI for one last round of winter XC , It will do a southern sand beach race.

The reason , I don't go for steel rear sprockets is the chain wears out first ! Never been good at looking after chains .

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.

Last edited by Baxter; 01-26-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode