Transmission Issues - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 Old 11-16-2009, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Transmission Issues

Well, I went riding this weekend and I started getting a clunking noise when I downshifted out of neutral taking off. Sometimes it feels okay then the next time it sounds like the gears are going to drop out of the bottom. It also became harder to get it out of nuetral (had to hit the shifter a few times and let the clutch in and out). Anyway, it is under warranty so my questions are: should I pull the PCIII, muffler and filter and put it back stock or leave it on. Also if you take the PCIII off for an extended period will I lose Bo's map? Thanks for the input.

08 700xx Barker's exhaust, Mod Quad intake, 13t, PCIII with Bo White map, Precision Steering Stabilizer, L8TON Sway bar, PRM side bars, PRM full skids, Pro Armor Dominator front bumper, RAZR2 on front, RAZR on rear

12 RZR XP900
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 Old 11-16-2009, 06:41 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
The PCIII shouldn't lose it's map even when power is disconnected. The gears may or may not be an issue, Mine has always seemed a bit stiff. If you have a decent amount of hours it may the clutch basket wearing and the clunk is from the clutch being slightly engaged.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #3 of 14 Old 11-16-2009, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

I've got 74 hours on it. I put an hour meter on it when I first got it to keep track of maintenance. So I wouldnt think it should be wearing that fast. Anyway she's back stock and headed to the dealer tomorrow along with our Teryx which seems to like its valves adjusted every 30 hours or so. Its staying this time until they figure that one out too.

08 700xx Barker's exhaust, Mod Quad intake, 13t, PCIII with Bo White map, Precision Steering Stabilizer, L8TON Sway bar, PRM side bars, PRM full skids, Pro Armor Dominator front bumper, RAZR2 on front, RAZR on rear

12 RZR XP900

post #4 of 14 Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 PM

Mine is the same,, it has been since new. Sometimes it sounds like Im changing with a hammer,, I often dont use the clutch when Im realy huling around the bush it changes smoother
post #5 of 14 Old 11-17-2009, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

I guess it may be okay but I dropped it off at the shop today along with the Teryx. They said they were slow so they welcome any work. They're looking at both tomorrow. What sucks is having to take everything off and put it back on. I've been friends with these guys upwards of fifteen years and they have never cared what was done to my atv's jet skis or whatever but they said Honda and Kawasaki both are looking for anything to void the warranties so I'm not going to rock the boat. I'll let ya'll know what happens.

12 RZR XP900
post #6 of 14 Old 11-21-2009, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

I'm picking up the 700 and the Teryx today. They couldnt find anything wrong with the 700 so I'm going to put the parts back on and ride the piss out of it next weekend at Windrock.

12 RZR XP900
post #7 of 14 Old 11-29-2010, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Well after almost a year to the date I found the clunking! It got so bad this weekend it started doing it when I hit the rear brakes that is when I found it wasnt in the transmission but its a mount for the rear end! There is a collar that slides in a slot (the bottom bolt of the rear brake caliper mount attaches here too) and I guess it either deteriorated or was never there. So its only taken a year to find it. Looks like a lot of fun to replace too!!

12 RZR XP900
post #8 of 14 Old 11-29-2010, 06:07 PM

thanks for the update and good luck!

Reply from 192.168.13.100: bytes=32 time=16275001ms TTL=128
post #9 of 14 Old 11-29-2010, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Baxter
Anybody lost reverse yet. Done it by the book and it aint working no more.

2008 TT-ReXX , 2003 400ex and 2014 CRF250r.
Products used, abused and loved from:
Ed at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Alex at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jim at

Kyle at

With out these guys , it would not be as much fun.
post #10 of 14 Old 11-29-2010, 06:21 PM

mine is weird now i put it in reverse and gas it but it boggs down i have to rev it up a couple times
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode