My Motor Build - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 Old 11-17-2009, 03:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Motor Build

As some of you may have read, my beloved Honda developed a knock and now they're tearing it down to see what the cause is.

Worst case scenario - I have to put a motor in out of my pocket. I'm thinking of building something but I want to keep factory maintenance and reliability in check. I don't want to have to adjust valves after I ride it every time. What would you guys do?

I'm thinking: Stage 2 (piston, cam) Alba stuff with a ported head and throttle body.

Motor Status - Waiting on tech to do a tear down and then Honda for warranty. This will be updated as I know more.
11/20/09 - I'm responsible for labor, they're going to pay for the parts. I think i'd rather it be the other way around though...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!

Last edited by 5W0P3; 11-21-2009 at 03:42 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 Old 11-17-2009, 10:31 AM

Go with XR650 intake valves and port, TB bore and 11:1-11.5:1 and stage II or III cam. Premium pump gas and dead stock reliable IMHO. If ya need anything from me just holla!

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #3 of 74 Old 11-18-2009, 01:58 AM

I couldn't even imagine one of those things with a stage three cam...

Red '05 TRX400EX:

|White Brothers E-Series Exhaust|Stock Header w/ Welds Ground|Gearing: Trail - 14/39, Dunes - 13/39|Primary Drive Sprockets and Gold X-Ring Chain|Sparks +6 Key|42mm Keihin Carb|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|Tinner Scoops|TAG T2 Bars|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|DirtSkins Shock Covers|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles, GBC Dune Tracker Fronts|

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 74 Old 11-20-2009, 11:14 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkelley View Post
I couldn't even imagine one of those things with a stage three cam...
Oh, I can.

(Makes exhaust sounds and pretends like I'm riding a wheelie)

(watches friends wipe dirt of of their faces)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 74 Old 11-20-2009, 11:43 AM

I wish I could come across like $10k or so. I'd buy an XX and put the rest of the money into it. Fox/Elka shocks, full Alba/Dasa system, JE piston, stage three cam, PCV, +1 Burguard stem, you know, everything else...

Red '05 TRX400EX:

|White Brothers E-Series Exhaust|Stock Header w/ Welds Ground|Gearing: Trail - 14/39, Dunes - 13/39|Primary Drive Sprockets and Gold X-Ring Chain|Sparks +6 Key|42mm Keihin Carb|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|Tinner Scoops|TAG T2 Bars|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|DirtSkins Shock Covers|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles, GBC Dune Tracker Fronts|

post #6 of 74 Old 11-20-2009, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Too bad Ed McMahon is dead because if her were to knock on my door now it would totally freak my wife out...and not in a good way.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #7 of 74 Old 11-20-2009, 12:19 PM

Red '05 TRX400EX:

post #8 of 74 Old 11-21-2009, 03:37 AM Thread Starter

Went by the Honda shop today and they told me they're going to pay for the parts and stick me with the labor bill, since it was "low on oil". I said, "well there has to be a reason it was low on oil." and he said "yeah, i'll have the tech call you or something". I bet this turns out interesting. Have you seen my stapler?!

2008 Honda TRX700XX | 13t Sprocket | HID Headlights | Steering Dampner | ITP Baja Fronts / ITP Pro's Rear | Maxxis RAZR2's all the way around!
post #9 of 74 Old 11-21-2009, 06:46 AM

I raced MX when I first bought my 700 Raptor. I cracked my frame in one of the races, Yamaha warrantied it without any problem.

Bo White
205-886-7043
post #10 of 74 Old 11-21-2009, 06:49 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Mine as well throw an 11:1 piston in while your at it.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode