throttle - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 03-05-2015, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
throttle

anyone got any suggestions on how to take some of the touchyness out of the stock throttle on the 2009 700xx ? first ride today, highly disapointed w/ how rough the bike rode, and the throttle was way too touchy, no binding,and not hard. the angle its on seems bad, sticks out too far for me.---sugestions???---: don`t care for twist throttles on something that wants to wheely all the time either bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-06-2015, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous bob View Post
first ride today, highly disapointed w/ how rough the bike rode, bob
You just might be the 1st person to complain about a rough ride on a 700xx. Is the pre-load set on the shocks all the way down or something?

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 03-06-2015, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

rough ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Quick View Post
You just might be the 1st person to complain about a rough ride on a 700xx. Is the pre-load set on the shocks all the way down or something?
after owning and riding two 95 mph 500 quadzillas, two 250 quadracers,(which had terrible suspension) a 400 x honda, and a 700 king quad, I know a little about rough rides. the adjustment is all the way out(longest) on the 700. the ride is rough compared to the 700 kingquad I had, and, I didn`t get covered w/ mud just riding around. the 89 quadzilla was my favorite for power and speed, the kingquad for comfort.like I said I`m really disapointed w/ this 09 model 700xx, even tho it`s about as cherry as one could expect for an 09 model. just bought a set of rear sand tires for it, and already thinking about selling it. Can the stock shocks be rebuilt? don`t want to put any more $ into this thing. I am capable of rebuilding the shocks myself.----not a newbie to 4 wheelers----bob

post #4 of 8 Old 03-06-2015, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Its the stock suspension. I'm 180 pounds and the stockers were just valved too stiff for me at low speeds yet when they start getting worked, they start bottoming out. I own a few IRS quads so I understand what you are talking about. I know you said you didn't want to spend anymore money but aftermarket shocks are the solution. The suspension is engineered brilliantly but the shocks were thrown together by the accountants.

As far as the throttle goes, efi makes it more responsive. Takes some getting used to but usually a responsive throttle is a good thing. Everyone's hand is different but they do make some thumb savers and alternative throttle. I even saw a trigger style throttle for your pointer finger that's positioned near the hand brake.

Last edited by Jmm24; 03-06-2015 at 08:47 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 03-06-2015, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm24 View Post
Its the stock suspension. I'm 180 pounds and the stockers were just valved too stiff for me at low speeds yet when they start getting worked, they start bottoming out. I own a few IRS quads so I understand what you are talking about. I know you said you didn't want to spend anymore money but aftermarket shocks are the solution. The suspension is engineered brilliantly but the shocks were thrown together by the accountants.

As far as the throttle goes, efi makes it more responsive. Takes some getting used to but usually a responsive throttle is a good thing. Everyone's hand is different but they do make some thumb savers and alternative throttle. I even saw a trigger style throttle for your pointer finger that's positioned near the hand brake.
aggressive throttle doesn`t bother me, it`s the distance it sticks out toward you from the handle bars. thanks for the reply, might look into changeing something on it.-bob
post #6 of 8 Old 03-06-2015, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Garage
What you are experiencing with the "touchy" throttle is fuel cut. When you fully release the throttle and then re-apply it causes the quad to lurch forward. Can be a handful in tight woods situations. Works best to not fully release the throttle. Fuel controllers help this by leaning out the bottom end of the fuel curve.

Stock shocks work for very few people. I bought a set of HLS non adjustable front shocks and had my rear shocks re sprung and re-valved by GT Thunder. Helped alot. I bought some Elkas so my old shocks will be for sale.
post #7 of 8 Old 03-09-2015, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

I`m a little slow sometimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luecker View Post
What you are experiencing with the "touchy" throttle is fuel cut. When you fully release the throttle and then re-apply it causes the quad to lurch forward. Can be a handful in tight woods situations. Works best to not fully release the throttle. Fuel controllers help this by leaning out the bottom end of the fuel curve.

Stock shocks work for very few people. I bought a set of HLS non adjustable front shocks and had my rear shocks re sprung and re-valved by GT Thunder. Helped alot. I bought some Elkas so my old shocks will be for sale.
got the bright idea to adjust the throttle angle, rolled the thumb throttle back under the bars some, will see if it helps!-thanks, bob
post #8 of 8 Old 12-16-2017, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by famous bob View Post
anyone got any suggestions on how to take some of the touchyness out of the stock throttle on the 2009 700xx ? first ride today, highly disapointed w/ how rough the bike rode, and the throttle was way too touchy, no binding,and not hard. the angle its on seems bad, sticks out too far for me.---sugestions???---: don`t care for twist throttles on something that wants to wheely all the time either bob
Famous Bob- I have hated how easy the throttle is on my xx since the day I bought it. Have you found a fix? I tried a twist throttle and it did not help. Was still to easy. For those that don't know what I am referring to, any rough terrain or moguls just makes it worse. You just end up blip-blip-blip on each bump. I had a 660 Raptor when I bought the xx and because it had carbs, it was just more pleasant to ride. Still looking for a fix. Looking for a twist throttle replacement off of some street bike or cruiser that has a friction screw setting that I can replace the stock thumb throttle even though I don't like the twister. Just need a way to put a little pressure on the thumb setup. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode