So is my quad going to blow up??? - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 11-20-2009, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So is my quad going to blow up???

Holy crap....I just read like three different discussions. All with different, well opinions if I had to say. I know that most bikes can easily handle a slip on exhaust without any type of aftermarket fuel control. I have a brand new 2008 700xx and I just got my Two Bros slip on in today. My bike only has about 6 hours on it, and I've been riding street bikes and dirt bikes for years, and both of my sport bikes are EFI. Once again no issues without piggy backs. I understand the concept very well, but I just don't want to tear my shit up by not buying a juice box.

So ultimately what is the answer...yes or no. Can I run the frickin muffler on the bike without tearing it up? LOL, just don't want to buy a new engine. Thanx in advance.

Chance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-20-2009, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The system should be able to adapt to the exhaust, best way to check it is by checking your plug the proper way which is posted on this site towards "how to check your plug" I've ridden other bikes with just a slip on but not for long since I also added a filter.

Don't really see why the system wouldn't be able to adapt.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #3 of 11 Old 11-20-2009, 05:26 PM

You can NOT run a slip-on only with the 700xx. You'll run way lean.

2Bros Exhaust, 2Bros Juice Box, UNI Filter, Renthal 13t Front Sprocket, TrailTech Vapor, TrailTech Logo Bar Clamp, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires, Tusk Chubb Bars, ProGrip Hand Grips, Pro Grip Lever Grips, PowerMadd Hand Guards, PowerMadd Mirrors, PowerMadd Hand Wraps, AMR Racing Graphics, Pro Armour Bullhorn Bumper, Ricochet Skids

post #4 of 11 Old 11-20-2009, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Oh man! Once again...two opinions. I know about open and closed loop air/fuel systems. I'm just not sure about the specs and limittations of the 700xx's system. Seems crazy that the aftermarket producers didn't advise something like that on the package... Two Bros said that it just optimizes performance, but like I said, I asked because I didn't know. Thanks guys! Although I received the exact same two bits of info as the other 70 something threads, LOL!!! Rival opinions...
post #5 of 11 Old 11-20-2009, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I am no expert but I think you will be fine as long as you check your plug....all you will do is allow the exhaust to exit slightly faster, a slip on actually does very little than make it sound better, you have not changed your fuel/air mixture by adding a slip on as you would if you were to add a intake kit and no controller that is where you will run into problems...although it is best to have the controller..... just my .02

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq

Last edited by 09RappySE; 11-20-2009 at 07:47 PM.
post #6 of 11 Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 PM

It won't blow up. You'll be fine as long as you're not beating the
snot out of it every chance you get. It will run a little lean, but IMO not enough to do damage. You really do need a fuel controller as soon as you can.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
post #7 of 11 Old 11-20-2009, 08:15 PM

I have the 2 Bros pipe and the plugs are white as snow without the contoller. The 700xx runs lean stock and the pipe makes it even worse. The EFI on an ATV isn't sophisticated like a car and won't adjust to anything. Some ATV's come richer from factory and a pipe don't hurt. It's not the case with the 700xx. I've had 4 different pipes on 2 700xx's and they all run lean.

2Bros Exhaust, 2Bros Juice Box, UNI Filter, Renthal 13t Front Sprocket, TrailTech Vapor, TrailTech Logo Bar Clamp, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires, Tusk Chubb Bars, ProGrip Hand Grips, Pro Grip Lever Grips, PowerMadd Hand Guards, PowerMadd Mirrors, PowerMadd Hand Wraps, AMR Racing Graphics, Pro Armour Bullhorn Bumper, Ricochet Skids
post #8 of 11 Old 11-20-2009, 09:22 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisj View Post
You can NOT run a slip-on only with the 700xx. You'll run way lean.
Negative, A free flow air filter would make you run leaner than a slip-on. With the stock header still in place you are making such an insignificant difference in the A/F it's hardly worth mentioning.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #9 of 11 Old 11-20-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smo0oth1 View Post
Negative, A free flow air filter would make you run leaner than a slip-on. With the stock header still in place you are making such an insignificant difference in the A/F it's hardly worth mentioning.
Go try it. The plug goes white even if you just take off the stock end cap.

post #10 of 11 Old 11-21-2009, 07:43 AM

I know I tried it and did not see a difference in plug color. The altitude where you ride has more of an effect on whether or not you're too lean with a slip on and no controller than just the slip on itself. There are too many people that have done it and still do it with no adverse effects. But either way you do need to get a controller to get the most out of the pipe and adjust for future mods.

2008 Honda 700xx Red/Black, Full Alba Exhaust, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, PC3, 13T Front,Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), Pro Armor Full Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, PRM A-Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR fronts and rears. In the works, ported/polished head, custom cam, ported T/B.

1997 Toyota Supra Black/Black with a little boost and 1300 hp
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Mustang Cobra ditched the S/C for a 80mm hairdryer
2007 Yamaha R1 Charcoal/Black
2013 BMW 335 Coupe Deep Sea Blue/Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode