700xxwheelies - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
700xxwheelies

is it easier to ride wheelies with the stock gearing or the 13 tooth everyone is talking about i cant seem to figure it out yet or is it the fuelinjection i can ride wheelies on my 400ex for miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 06:33 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
It's been so long since I had a 14 tooth...13 tooth is super easy though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have no problems 1st,2nd,3rd with stock gearing. 4th I have to give it a little tug. Just practice and get the feel for it. I haven't tried my 13t yet but I imagine 4th he'll come up without the tug.

2Bros Exhaust, 2Bros Juice Box, UNI Filter, Renthal 13t Front Sprocket, TrailTech Vapor, TrailTech Logo Bar Clamp, DWT Rims, Maxxis Razr Tires, Tusk Chubb Bars, ProGrip Hand Grips, Pro Grip Lever Grips, PowerMadd Hand Guards, PowerMadd Mirrors, PowerMadd Hand Wraps, AMR Racing Graphics, Pro Armour Bullhorn Bumper, Ricochet Skids

post #4 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

i think im so used to the mellow sluggish responce of theold 400ex when i feather the throttle the 700xx fuel inj is a lot more instant
post #5 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 07:57 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bdr455
At 300lbs I have no problems with wheelies doesn't matter what I'm on...LOL

700xx
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BruteForce 650i
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

400 Sport Polaris

300ex

post #6 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 08:02 PM

1st, 2nd, 3rd sitting down no problem. 4th & 5th with a knee on the seat no problem either. Were I see a big difference then with the 400ex (because I had on before & pulled really long wheelies with it too) is that with the strait axle of the 400ex when doing long wheelies the only thing you really had to do to straining out your direction is to lean on on side or the other or play with tire pressure. The XX is another story all together, I tried a variety of things (tire pressure, play with suspension & even locked the rear suspension to give it the strait axle feeling). The only way to really pull great wheelies is to tighten the rear suspension & to keep the bike tillted forward a bit & instead of keeping the bike on the balanced point like a 400 would be great at doing, use the torque and power provided by the XX (like a sports bike) to keep it going & accelerating. I find it makes a nicer wheelie & is a lot less stressful then going in & out of the fast throttle respond provided by the XX. That's on disadvantage that the 700 has compared to the 400. But remember when the front end of the XX tends to be comming down it's a lot easier then the 400 to pull back up. An advantage that I find with the 700XX Is that when you get used to it, it pulls the baddest power wheelies I've ever made. It just acclerates so good while wheeliying that you can usually pass what ever quad you want especially 4X4's on two wheels & pass them hard!!!!!! Hope I helped you out.

Regards, Joe.
post #7 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 08:18 PM

post #8 of 29 Old 11-22-2009, 09:53 PM

Well, to be fair to the OP, the 400 is a wheelie machine. It's all about finding that point of balance on that thing then it's all over. I've never even ridden an XX so I'm no help. Looks like Joe knows what he's talking about, though.

Red '05 TRX400EX:

|White Brothers E-Series Exhaust|Stock Header w/ Welds Ground|Gearing: Trail - 14/39, Dunes - 13/39|Primary Drive Sprockets and Gold X-Ring Chain|Sparks +6 Key|42mm Keihin Carb|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|Tinner Scoops|TAG T2 Bars|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|DirtSkins Shock Covers|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles, GBC Dune Tracker Fronts|

post #9 of 29 Old 11-23-2009, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

700xxwheelies

its not that i cant get the beast to come up on awheelie i cant figure out yet how to ride one as long as ican on the ol 400ex on the 700 power is no problem itll come up in 1,2 ,3,@,4 stone stock it also seems to pull to the right on a wheelie seems to track staighter in grass or pasture so far i like the stock gearing thanks joe
post #10 of 29 Old 11-23-2009, 08:28 PM

Check your tire pressure, when mine wheelies any way other than straight it's because I'm a pound or two off on one side.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode