popping on decel-stock pipe - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 11-23-2009, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
popping on decel-stock pipe

I recently purchased a used 2008 700xx and wanted to ask you guys if you think I have a problem. The bike is completely stock from what I can tell. When I let off the throttle with it reving high I get popping from the pipe. Is this normal or do you think there is a problem? I also think that there may be a little hesitation when I gun the throttle. I am not sure if this is normal either since I have never riden a EFI Quad before.

Thanks for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-23-2009, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Not really anything to do with the EFI. Any engine could have this issue.

Popping on deceleration can be two things, an exhaust leak or a lean condition down low in the rev range........I think it's the latter - lean.

It is generally thought that the XX is tuned lean from the factory to make it emissions legal.

If it has an exhaust leak thats easy to fix but the lean condition is only fixed with a tuner box like the PowerCommander.
post #3 of 7 Old 11-23-2009, 07:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 2008 700XX completely stock I have never had it pop on decel ever, even letting off from high rpm. I have rode it from sea level to 9000ft elevation. After I put a fuel controller on it with the stock pipe still no pop. I would think you most likely have an exhaust leak.

post #4 of 7 Old 11-23-2009, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
You may also want to adjust your valves, your exhaust valves may be too tight.

734 09 Raptor
Meglodon by Bo,KW springs, Web 4 Cam, 54mm TB, 105.5mm CP cylinder, 14:1 CP,Barkers Inframe,Dynatek Coil,PC V,Dynatek Programable ignition,CCP stabilizer,+5 swinger,Boss Noss Sys, Direct Drive Lock-up, KDS Evac valve,HID Light conversion,SPAL fan
Tuned by EHS Racing 78hp 55Tq
post #5 of 7 Old 11-23-2009, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLinc View Post

Popping on deceleration can be two things, an exhaust leak or a lean condition down low in the rev range........I think it's the latter - lean.

It is generally thought that the XX is tuned lean from the factory to make it emissions legal.

If it has an exhaust leak thats easy to fix but the lean condition is only fixed with a tuner box like the PowerCommander.
IMO - this.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #6 of 7 Old 11-23-2009, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzLinc View Post

I agree with this also. I only rode my 700XX once while it was bone stock, but I did notice occassional popping on decel also, just enough to be annoying. Once I installed a pipe, power commander, and removed the airbox lid, the popping wnet away.

Doug

2004 TRX450R, 2008 TRX700XX
(BITD #639 Quad Ironman Expert)

2015 sponsors: Teixeiratech.com, Motowoz.com, Snailmotorsports.com, My bank account.

2008 TRX700XX
2005 TRX450R
1986 TRX250R
post #7 of 7 Old 12-01-2009, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
engine popping when you let off the gas

mine does that also under deceleration pops you all should know what im talking about my 700xx is stone stock motor wise it may be the sorry prem unleaded down here in south alabama my 400ex did the same they dont do it every time you let off about 1 every 10 times i thin the gas sucks in my neck of the woods what kind of gas does everybody else run
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode