Exhaust question - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 11-26-2009, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Exhaust question

In a little dilemma here - I was considering the Alba full exhaust for my 700XX until I read in another thread that it has no spark arrestor and no provision for one...

My other option was an FMF Q4 pipe with a power bomb header, so my question is will the Q4 setup give noticeable gains in low to mid-range torque? Or would it be barely any difference over stock?

2008 TRX700XX - Sold
2005 Raptor 660R - Rebuild Project "The Phoenix"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-26-2009, 09:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
From what I've used so, any aftermarket exhaust will give you more power but don't that you'll need to also get some kind of fuel controller, either the PCIII or V or the FMF one or else it might be running too lean.

Supertrapp SL, Pro Design Filter, PCIII, PRM Baja Front Bumper, PRM 6 Pack Grab Bar, Ricochet A-Arm guards, 23" Front ITP Pro Series, Kenda Kutters XC on DWT Red Labels, Motion Pro Twist Throttle,Maier Plastics, Elkas Front Shocks (Preload)
post #3 of 13 Old 11-26-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700woodsrider View Post
In a little dilemma here - I was considering the Alba full exhaust for my 700XX until I read in another thread that it has no spark arrestor and no provision for one...

My other option was an FMF Q4 pipe with a power bomb header, so my question is will the Q4 setup give noticeable gains in low to mid-range torque? Or would it be barely any difference over stock?
Mousedriver had a complete exhaust built by DASA. I got a look at it and it is very nice, with a removable spark arrestor. I don't think they have these in production yet but you may want to give them a call. Read 700xx in for Dyno before start of mods in the engine forum has a nice video clip on the 3rd page.

Last edited by skier207; 11-26-2009 at 09:32 PM.

post #4 of 13 Old 11-27-2009, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

I already have a PC V on it, and alone it doesn't make much difference. Been dead set on the Alba ever since I first saw it on here, until what I read last night. My plan is to get a full exhaust, auto-tune, and a UNI intake with either an EHS or homemade equivalent lid. I saw the DASA exhaust and it looks good, just concerned about sound. Basically I want a system that gives good low to midrange torque for woods riding, without being obnoxiously loud.

2008 TRX700XX - Sold
post #5 of 13 Old 11-27-2009, 11:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:

The Q4 is a better flowing design than stock, A slipon alone does not do much for power but with the header you'll definately make more power and feel it also.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #6 of 13 Old 12-20-2009, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

If I get a Q4 slip on and later want to get the header, am I restricted to the stock head pipe diameter where the slip-on mounts to the stock header? Or is there an adapter that removes from the slip on for the larger diameter of the header??

2008 TRX700XX - Sold
post #7 of 13 Old 12-20-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
If I get a Q4 slip on and later want to get the header, am I restricted to the stock head pipe diameter where the slip-on mounts to the stock header? Or is there an adapter that removes from the slip on for the larger diameter of the header??
Might as well stay with stock if you only want to put on a slip on. Yes you will be limited. I had a yoshi slip on and went to a Big gun and now I'm waiting on the Barker prototype. There are several good exhausts out there. I think the way the Barker performance is setup is going to be what works best for me. I would try to hold off of getting a slip on and get a full exhaust if you can. I know every budget is different but all you really gain is sound.

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 Old 12-21-2009, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty700xx View Post
I know every budget is different but all you really gain is sound.
That's not exactly true. You won't gain 10 horsepower, but when you're making what these do stock a few percent gain makes a difference.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #9 of 13 Old 12-21-2009, 11:06 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Nasty is incorrect, The FMF slipons have larger mid pipes than the stock exhaust. All FMF's for the XX come with a bushing that allow you to use it with there PowerBomb header or the factory header. The power increase installing both the header and slipon is night and day compared to just a slipon. You will need a programmer if installing a complete exhaust.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #10 of 13 Old 12-22-2009, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Smooth - that's what I wanted to know! Got my Q4 on the way and already have the PC5. Planning on getting the FMF header and Autotune eventually.

2008 TRX700XX - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode