Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MN west of Twin Cities.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Time for an update. With my busy work and family schedule it has been a challenge to get this rebuild done. The JE piston rings are not a direct fit. They send them a little large so you can file them down for your preferred ring gap. Got everything buttoned up and then had to disconnect the negative battery cable to attach the Power Commander V wire. I must have over tightened the cable to the terminal on the Antigravity battery because in the process of removing it, the cable wrapped around the corner of the battery case breaking it in the process. Sent it off to Antigravity a couple weeks ago and they are going to recase it and send it back to me. In the meantime I charged and installed my oringinal battery and finished installing the PCV, auto tune and put the gas tank on so I could take it on a break in ride. M_Quick had me a little worried that it may not start very well with the stage 3 Hotcam. It started up pretty easy. Took it for a quick little ride on Monday night. My butt dyno is very happy with the power increase with the piston and cam. So Wednesday I loaded the quad in the back of the truck and when tying it down I noticed grease on the rear arm. Looked closer and my left inboard joint boot has a hole in it. So I figured I would go ride it anyway and just stay out of the water puddles. I drove 20 miles to my local riding area and unloaded the quad and went to start it and the battery was too weak to start it. Put it on the charger tonight it was only at 37%. Hopefully I can ride it on Sunday so I can recheck the valve clearances and finish putting the quad back together.