User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-08-2009, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hydrolic clutch

Anyone done it?
My clutch does not fully release sometimes... second and third gear only though....
AND only under full throttle...

I was hoping that the kit would make my clutch work right (and if it didn't, it cant make it any worse....)

Any input?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-08-2009, 04:03 PM

Adjust the cable or mine had the lever its self needed lube
post #3 of 7 Old 12-08-2009, 04:44 PM

Sounds like your clutch is not adjusted correctly.

The hydraulic clutches are nice because they self adjust and you have the same amount of pull on the lever all the time.

However there are also some drawbacks. You have to keep an eye on the level of the fluid and make sure no air gets in the line. Also if you take a spill or snag the line on a tree it is very easy to break the line where it mounts to the reservoir on the clutch perch. Once the line is broke you have no more clutch and this can make it difficult to get back home.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-08-2009, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Just like the break line for watching the fluid. as to the line, Maybe I am missing the point, but if I run the (breaded stainless) line inside the frame wont it be safe from all of that drama?

AS to the adjustment part, I have tried 3 times.... and had Honda try twice more... I am tired of the BS, this is a brand new Quad... maybe I can have my local powerhouse do the install under warranty.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-08-2009, 06:31 PM

Yes all the hydraulic clutches should have a braided steel line. I wouldn't worry much about the line itself. The problem is where this line mounts to the reservoir. You have the same chance of breaking the front brake line as well. It is not the end of the world if it does break but it not fun. I have seen this happen before while out on the trail.

I currently own a quad with a hydraulic clutch and personally don't see any benefit. Mine also leaks constantly even after replacing the seal multiple times. I would not waste the money on it.

It sounds like your clutch adjustment may not be the problem if it has been checked a couple of times. What kind of oil are you using? Have you pulled the clutch apart and looked at it? Also check the routing of the clutch cable. It may be binding up while you have the bars turned and causing the hang up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-08-2009, 07:04 PM

Mine does the same thing every sence i bought it i just put it off as the hi torque
post #7 of 7 Old 12-09-2009, 04:40 AM

I hate hydraulic clutches even in automobiles, dont have near the feedback feel in the lever compared to cable.

Bo White
205-886-7043
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode