Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

RK Chains vs. ???

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  rappey 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Looking to pick up a new chain. My DID chain has lasted me for almost 4 years, but its time to switch it up.

My question to the community is do any of you have any experience with RK Chains? My buddy races Supermoto and really puts his bikes through hell and he swears by them.

Read about it or watch video here: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/19679/i/rk-520-gxw-xw-ring-chain

At this price it seems like a pretty good deal: http://autoplicity.com/84898-rk-cha...=GSNOFITMENT&gclid=CPCquN2RjsYCFQ8waQodaC4AxA

Again, just looking for experience with THIS brand on OUR machines.

Thanks!

#2 ·
DiD is a very high quality chain...
the best one ever though has to be a renthal R4 atv Z ring chain...
Fit it, ride a little, re adjust and it very rarely ever needs adjusting again..
They have thicker plates and pins due to the extra abuse a quad gives over a bike..

#4 ·
I use Renthal chains on all my toys and seem to remember that the Renthal chain is built by DID. Like Renthal brake pads are built By Dunlopad.

Never had any issues with Renthal stuff . :D

#3 ·
Hey Rappey. Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I have had no real issues with my DID chain at all. It's just old and ready to be replaced.

I found the Renthal chain on Amazon for $83 with free shipping. This is definitely a contender and I appreciate the suggestion. My sprocket is Renthal, so they may go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Oh god, please no references to "peanut butter jelly time"!

#11 ·
Again, I was extremely pleased with the DID that I currently have. I was just looking at contrasts and comparisons mainly due to costs vs. performance.

You can do all the research you want by reading online reviews, but I always appreciate feedback from our members since we are a community of well informed and experienced riders. For the most part.

#12 ·
Just wanted to update my thread here.

First off, thanks for all the input from my fellow enthusiasts.

Second, I took the advice from several of you recommending the Renthal chain. I found the R4 ATV Z Ring chain for an unbelievable $23.95 on Amazon. Yeah, that's a brand new chain that retails for close to $100 bucks. It even had the latex gloves! Why so cheap? Well the box had a "blemish". No $h!t.

Gotta love Amazon!

Attachments

#14 ·
#15 ·
Now I can't find the old topic. But the conversation was if stock was 70 or 80 and I swear it came out to 80 was stock.

So is 70 stock then?
I'm running 13 tooth front and stock rear sprocket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.