EHS Big 3 cherry header - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-25-2015, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
EHS Big 3 cherry header

I went for my first night ride tonight since installing my Big 3 a couple of weeks ago and while putting the machine away I noticed that about the first 6-8 inches of the header was CHERRY red. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-26-2015, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
I have the same setup. EHS Big 3. Did you but it new or used? I only ask because if the bulletbox settings are set to factory OR are for a machine with a different cam OR if the previous owner messed with the thing, it may be that you will have to play with it a bit to get it to where you need it to be.

Anyway, the most likely culprit is that you are running lean. As others will probably suggest, check you spark plug for evidence.

Also just putting around can heat things up. The slower you ride the hotter it will tend get. Get it up to a good cruising speed in 3rd gear and you will notice that it cools down sufficiently.

Last edited by Amerikanzero; 07-26-2015 at 10:54 AM.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-26-2015, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

I bought it brand new. The modes are also set per the instruction sheet. I believe it to be lean as well. If that is the case, then my controller is faulty as it obviously is not adding the extra fuel.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-27-2015, 05:45 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah, those controllers are finicky. If you want I can send you some of the settings that I found to work well. I have had mine for 5 years, so I have had plenty of time to figure it out.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-27-2015, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

just off the phone with Eric at EHS. According to him I should not have to set it higher than what the sheet suggests. Although I am going to set it higher just to test. If you have modified settsettings that work, feel free to pass them along. I will try them out today.

It is an EXTREME heat issue. Not just the red header. It generates so much heat that the machine is uncomfortable to ride. After a 20 minute trail ride my @$$ feels like it's on fire. The seat itself is extremely hot. I understand that there will be a heat increase but I have never read in all of my research any other XX/Big 3 rider with that complaint. It is so that it forces you off the machine.

Last edited by Warlockmatized; 07-27-2015 at 08:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode