Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

Running HOT please help

20K views 67 replies 12 participants last post by  M_Quick 
#1 ·
Before I begin let me say that by running "hot" I don't mean that my thermal light on the dash is coming on nor am I experiencing coolant biil over or loss.

I have had my 08 XX for almost two years. Completely stock. In all that time the cooling fan has never kicked on until recently, within the last month it comes on all the time. While riding the fan will come on and you can feel it blowing heat all the way up to your face. Last summer I was able to ride in shorts with zero issues. This summer I cannot. There is so much heat that the seat will actually get hot under your butt. There is so much heat on your butt it feels like a sunburn. The under side of tank as well as frame on the right side is CRAZY hot.

Within the past two weeks, problem has existed longer, I have completely flushed the system and switched to engine ice. Doesn't seem to help. Today I removed the thermostat and tested it in a pan of boiling water to check for proper function and it passed the test. I have checked my spark plug and the ceramic is tan as it should be. There is a hint of white but not like you would see with a lean issue. Today I also checked and adjusted valves.

I am out of ideas and what to check to solve my issue. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

See less See more
#67 ·
what I did

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.