Fmf 4.1 complete with power bomb header - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fmf 4.1 complete with power bomb header

I put the fmf exhaust system on. I was told I didn't need the powercommander because it was fuel injected... Is this true?will it hurt the engine running it without one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 08:50 PM

Probably won't hurt your machine, but it won't make much if any more power than stock without a fuel controller. The injection system on this machine does not adapt to mods. It operates on a fixed fuel map.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 09:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
I put the fmf exhaust system on. I was told I didn't need the powercommander because it was fuel injected... Is this true?will it hurt the engine running it without one?
With just a slip-on it is not needed, If you have a slip-on and free flow filter it would be best to get one. At anytime you add a header you will need to install a programmer also.

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

post #4 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 10:22 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
With a slip-on the annoying throttle pop (and sequential engine stall) you get when trying to blip the throttle to climb something at or near idle will get worse if you don't add a programmer. Some of you may have noticed this where it backfires through your intake at low rpms due to an already lean factory condition.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #5 of 12 Old 12-22-2009, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Thanks..it has been dyin on me alot.seems I have to really give it some gas on take off or ride the clutch to keep it going.it's hard to climb real slow also.witch powercommander should I go with?
post #6 of 12 Old 12-23-2009, 12:26 AM

PCV It's almost the same price as the III, the 5 is smaller and it is more upgradeable.

11:1, Web Stg2 cam, PCV, Powerbomb/Powercore4, Razr's all around. Air cleaner lid mod, Uni filter, HID Lighting, 6 pack rack, Motion Pro twist, L8ton 9/16, DS/Elka shocks, IMS Tank, Grip heaters

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 12 Old 12-23-2009, 01:28 AM

I am also running an FMF exhaust and had similar issues. I ordered the FMF programmer as I got a great deal. The Power Comander will allow for better tuning, however I am not hitting a Dyno. My FMF should be in by this weekend, will update after install.

2008 Black/Charcoal 700xx
Mods:
FMF Stainless Powerbomb header
FMF Titanium Muffler
FMF Programmer
Uni- air filter
10" ITP aluminum wheels with 22" Sand Stars
JT 13T sprocket, with Billet Specialties case saver
and I have a bottle of NOS if needed!

2009 Honda Foreman ES 4x4
Full chasis skid plate, Warn 2500 winch (field tested and approved!), 14" SS wheels wrapped in 26" Baja tires.

I don't have to be the fastest to have fun!

Last edited by VOO-DOO; 12-23-2009 at 01:33 AM.
post #8 of 12 Old 12-23-2009, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOO-DOO View Post
I am also running an FMF exhaust and had similar issues. I ordered the FMF programmer as I got a great deal. The Power Comander will allow for better tuning, however I am not hitting a Dyno. My FMF should be in by this weekend, will update after install.
Cool... Maybe thats what I need. Can't wait to hear how it works out for you!where did you get the 13 tooth sprocket and case saver....I would also like to add that
post #9 of 12 Old 12-23-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhorse View Post
Cool... Maybe thats what I need. Can't wait to hear how it works out for you!where did you get the 13 tooth sprocket and case saver....I would also like to add that

im sure rocky mountain has both, i know the gear is on ebay for around $22 shipped, same as 2008 450r

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #10 of 12 Old 12-23-2009, 08:10 AM

The sprocket is the same as the 450r as Jarrod said. The case saver and sprocket were both ordered from my local dealer, who then ordered them from rockymountain. I get a pretty good discount so I use my local dealer, even if they bug me some times... The sprocket is a quick effective mod as long as you don't care about the loss of top end.

2008 Black/Charcoal 700xx
Mods:
FMF Stainless Powerbomb header
FMF Titanium Muffler
FMF Programmer
Uni- air filter
10" ITP aluminum wheels with 22" Sand Stars
JT 13T sprocket, with Billet Specialties case saver
and I have a bottle of NOS if needed!

2009 Honda Foreman ES 4x4
Full chasis skid plate, Warn 2500 winch (field tested and approved!), 14" SS wheels wrapped in 26" Baja tires.

I don't have to be the fastest to have fun!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode