User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 09-11-2015, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Honda's Co2 reading

Hi, Not sure if anyone can help with this info. I have a road legal 700 in the UK. At the moment it's taxed for the road based on its engine size, somehow this has ended up at 145 for the year, my Smart Car which is 1000cc is costing 20 for 12 months. Been bothering me since I purchased both back in 2009.
I've contacted our DLVA & they say if I can get the Co2 reading from Honda they will look into taxing it on these figures, at the moment there's nothing on the log book under the Co2 readings.

2009 Black/Gray Road Legal.
DWT Red Label 3+2 & 4+3 Wheels.
Front, Maxxis Spearz 35Q 17.5x7.5-10 (100mph).
Rear, Maxxis Spearz 46Q 18x10-10 (100mph).
CCP Damper.
18T Front & 34T Rear sprockets.
Trail Tech Vapor Dash.
Front shocks, Fox Float X Evol.
Rear shocks, Fox Float X Evol.
FMF 4.1 Full system with power bomb header.
L8ton 11/16" sway bar.
Houser Racing front A arms.
Houser Steering Stem.
PCV, K&N, lid removed.
Nerf Bars by Crosspro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-16-2015, 01:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I think there is a reason why no one has answered about CO2 readings.... because outside of the factory, this is something that is not readily known by the public (the Honda rider)

roadkill

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters
x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

post #3 of 11 Old 09-21-2015, 04:51 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks roadkill, I send a message from the Honda website but never received a reply, did find a phone number for Honda UK & spoke to a nice lady who said she would pass on the information & get back to me in around 7 days. If I do receive the Co2 reading I will update this post. Reason why I posted here was I thought you may have been given this info when you purchased the bikes new, I believe some of your States have tighter controls on emissions.

2009 Black/Gray Road Legal.
DWT Red Label 3+2 & 4+3 Wheels.
Front, Maxxis Spearz 35Q 17.5x7.5-10 (100mph).
Rear, Maxxis Spearz 46Q 18x10-10 (100mph).
CCP Damper.
18T Front & 34T Rear sprockets.
Trail Tech Vapor Dash.
Front shocks, Fox Float X Evol.
Rear shocks, Fox Float X Evol.
FMF 4.1 Full system with power bomb header.
L8ton 11/16" sway bar.
Houser Racing front A arms.
Houser Steering Stem.
PCV, K&N, lid removed.
Nerf Bars by Crosspro.

post #4 of 11 Old 09-21-2015, 01:49 PM

California has about the tightest emission standards in the nation, BUT the dealer doesn't give you the Co2 numbers when you buy the bike, perhaps because you can't make one street legal here.

roadkill

"You lock the door and throw away the key. There's someone in my head, but it's not me."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
R. Waters

post #5 of 11 Old 09-21-2015, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
That's what I was thinking too, most of us in US can't make them street legal. Can you get a reading from an emissions station, or you have to have the "factory" numbers?
post #6 of 11 Old 09-22-2015, 01:25 PM

What's the difference? Well, in the US most states don't allow an "off road" vehicle to be driven/rode on the street... They just don't have provisions for that either. Numbers from an emission station may be more accurate for YOUR quad but may not match what the factory puts out. Since most states don't allow a quad to be ridden on the street, there is NO reason for the factory to give the DMV their numbers.

roadkill

R. Waters

post #7 of 11 Old 09-22-2015, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah hard to get them street legal in the US when the title clearly say's

(ALL PURPOSE VEHICLE - OFF ROAD USE ONLY)

At least that's what they all say in the state of Ohio, so the emissions has nothing to do with it here. Now down in WV it don't seam to matter. We see more sxs's and quads on the roads than cars, lol.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

Last edited by M_Quick; 09-23-2015 at 05:02 PM.
post #8 of 11 Old 09-23-2015, 01:30 PM

In California, there are 2 types of registration for a quad... 1. Green Sticker 2. Red Sticker.
A Green Sticker bike/quads meet CARB (California Air Resources Board) standards. Red Sticker bike/quad is one that doesn't meet standards... 2 strokes (usually because they were built before the standards) Red Sticker bikes/quads are more restricted as to when they can be used... time of year (on public lands)... National Forest, BLM, SVRA... Red Sticker is usually restricted to winter use... 10/1 to 5/31

roadkill

R. Waters

Last edited by roadkill; 09-23-2015 at 01:46 PM. Reason: made an error
post #9 of 11 Old 09-27-2015, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
What to do if you received red sticker, but you are aiming for a green sticker?
post #10 of 11 Old 09-28-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartl View Post
What to do if you received red sticker, but you are aiming for a green sticker?
There is not much you can do because your quad dose or dose not meet emission requirements and they base this on the numbers submitted to them from the manufacturer... BUT, also most (if not all) newer quads do meet requirements . And to answer a question before it's asked... NO, they will not give you the numbers that were submitted to them.

roadkill

R. Waters

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode