13 tooth sprocket - Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 01-01-2010, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
13 tooth sprocket

What tooth sprocket is the stock sprocket?? What is the advantage of going to the 13 tooth?? My bike is stock right now and I have not even completed the break in yet but was wondering when typical maintenance was performed, I know what the books says and I know most do not follow the manufacturers advice. Should I get the valves adjusted?? How frequent with the oil changes?? My plan is to clean/Oil the air filter every 10 hours max, is this interval OK as I usually ride in front ?? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 01-01-2010, 09:35 PM

The stock is 14t. There are a lot of people on here who love the 13t. I am not one of them but it is to each there own. I would check the air filter every time you ride. It is very easy to clean and you would be surprised how much it will help your motor. I would get the valves checked when you get the oil replaced. It isn't that much more time and the last thing you want to do is suck a valve. The other thing I would pay particular attention to is the Valve guides. When we pulled the head on ours we had several that were cracked and needed to be replaced.

Nasty 700xx
Barker performance exhaust
EHS racing fuel programmer
EHS racing air box lid
ITP holeshot XCT tire front and rear
Hiper beadlocks
Houser long travel A-Arms and steering stem
Elka long travel elite shocks (front)
Elka remote resevoir rear shocks
Pro taper fat bars
IMS fuel tank
DG full skids
Precision steering dampner
Hinson Clutch
Moose dual gasser throttle
DG fat nerf bars
DG fat pro V front bumper
Powermadd hand guards
ASV C5 brake/clutch levers

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 Old 01-01-2010, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Technical climbing 13 tooth for sure. If you race maybe not so much.

I've had mine since it came out and just have done the normal maintenance (oil changes, filter changes, filter cleaning and a plug replacement). I have had a CV boot tear, but that was done under warranty.
I change my oil after two rides no matter what. I clean my air filter no matter what after each ride. I've packed the steering stem with grease after about 10 rides

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

post #4 of 26 Old 01-01-2010, 11:30 PM

Ride for about 10 hours, change the oil, adjust the valves .006 intake and .008 exhaust. air filter everytime you ride. Loose valves will rattle and cause loss of power, To "suck a valve" you would have to over speed the engine. stock front is 14t, Chuck and I run a 15t but we are putting out some serious horsepower. Send me a message if you are interested in a pipe, header and fuel controller set up

Big Kidz Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #5 of 26 Old 01-01-2010, 11:36 PM

i plan to change my oil every 2 tanks, 3 at the most. i have some spare time so i clean the filter after every ride along with washing and waxing the plastics..as far as valves, i didnt know after 10 hours they need adjustment so im going to have to check into that.

2008 TRX 700XX (Black/Charcoal)
13T,Stage 1 hotcam,11:1 CP piston,L8ton Sway bar,Orange Maier Plastics,21" razr 1 front,ITP Sandstars on 10" ITP T9 Pro Series,FMF powerbomb/powercore.EHS programmer next.

2007 GSXR 1000 (Orange/Black)
-1,+2 Driven Kit,K&N, Full Leovince stainless exhaust,PcIIIUSB/Dyno tune,Hyperpro Damper,ASV Levers,Woodcraft Engine covers,Woodcraft Clipons,Xenon HID,Carrozzeria Wheels,Galfer Rotors(gsxr.com 2010 bike of the year)
post #6 of 26 Old 01-01-2010, 11:38 PM

after the first 10 hours, but it will not hurt every 10

Big Kidz Racing

Sponsors:
EHS Racing

Barker's Performance

Houser Racing

On The Trail TV

West Virginia ATV Tours

Hinsen Clutch Components

KBC Helmets

Hiper Racing Wheels

Member:
Score International

Best in the Desert

VXCS Virginia cross Country Series
post #7 of 26 Old 01-02-2010, 12:30 AM

i lost my manual and im not sure what oil the 700 needs...can someone please help me out?
post #8 of 26 Old 01-02-2010, 06:05 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to smo0oth1
eBay will help you get another manual

I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
post #9 of 26 Old 01-02-2010, 06:27 AM

Im going to one up you all and get a 12 tooth......
post #10 of 26 Old 01-02-2010, 07:44 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phucknutz View Post
Chuck and I run a 15t but we are putting out some serious horsepower. Send me a message if you are interested in a pipe, header and fuel controller set up
But just to be clear if you're (the collective you) doing technical climbs all the horsepower in the world is useless if it causes wheel spin or loops your quad on a steep and rocky climb or you're having to feather the clutch and the throttle to modulate the amount of RPM's, torque and horsepower.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode