• 1 Post By allullc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 12-27-2015, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Drop in cams

I have the ehs big 3 package and am looking for more top end power with close to the same bottom. Im want either the hot cam 2, 3 or webcam 2. Any imput would be great. I would like to keep the bullet box from ehs. if anyone has dyno charts or special maintnence that needs to be performed with one cam and not another that information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-27-2015, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Specifically I would liketo see a chart from the webcam/abla package stage 2 because that is what im really leaning toward.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-27-2015, 05:36 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hot cams are the only ones that are technically drop in. Most go with the S3 and have been happy from what I've read. A Web cam requires stiffer springs and hardened rockers due to the lobe profile being more aggressive.

Alba doesn't use Web cams anymore in their Stage 2 kit. They use Hot cams as I just inquired about 6 weeks ago before my motor was getting built. Web pulled their offering for awhile in order to fix hard start issues related to the de-compression mechanism. They are now selling them again but it seems Alba hasn't pursued offering them again, for whatever reason.
M_Quick likes this.

08' Blackbird XX - IPS tuned/built 53whp woods terror (710cc/10.5:1, Hot Cam S3, Ported Head, Pro design filter, Barker's, PCV, HD Clutch, + much more)

post #4 of 4 Old 12-29-2015, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Eric at ehs was sayn that the stage 2 webcam does not require springs or rockers. If the springs and rockers are required I will probably go with the stage 3 hot cam. What kinda bottom end power loss would i be looking at with that cam. I already have the ehs big three.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode