• 1 Post By cataway

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 02-08-2016, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
450r Clutch Mod

Looking for the 450r clutch mod for the 700xx cant find it when i search.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-08-2016, 08:29 PM

Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Garage
i'd like to know what your talking about
M_Quick likes this.

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #3 of 8 Old 02-09-2016, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataway View Post
i'd like to know what your talking about
I went and picked up an old barkers for the middle piece a few weeks
Back and the guy told me to look up the 450r clutch mod. Mentioned something about removing the inner clutch and adding extra steel clutch packs. I can't exactly remember so I was hoping someone would chime in on here.

post #4 of 8 Old 02-09-2016, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
I've herd of the 450R clutch mod, but I don't know enough about it to know if it will work on the 700xx. I need to open mine up and upgrade it before long. Here's 2 links to other forums talking about the mod. Removing the jutter springs and placing more fiber disc in?

doing the clutch mod - Honda TRX Forums: Honda TRX 450R Forum

trx450r clutch mod? - Honda ATV Forum

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-09-2016, 06:06 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Garage
That's the one. I did that on my mine as well. I ordered oem plates and fibers from Motosport when they had a 20% off oem sale. I also used a stiffer EBC spring kit. I don't have enough time on the quad since I installed I replaced them to comment on the performance. I also installed a streamline billetanium hydraulic clutch kit at the same time.

2008 700xx with lots of goodies.
Part time IATVHSS racer (when time and $$ allow)
post #6 of 8 Old 02-12-2016, 11:27 AM

Garage
I understand removing the jutter springs . if that's done you should also replace the fiber disk with one that's the same as all the others .
I have never heard of putting in an extra steel , is it just a space taker upper to put more pressure on the plates ?

751 ,barker pipe,290 Web cam,+3 stroker,TB bored to 46.8 and moved back from head 1 inch,+3 big bore , +1 intake valves, Hard Welded Rockers,KW springs, ported, clutch mod , air box removed ,Cat oil mod, dynojet commander V w/auto tune , lowered rear end , TRX450R front shocks ,
post #7 of 8 Old 02-12-2016, 11:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataway View Post
I have never heard of putting in an extra steel , is it just a space taker upper to put more pressure on the plates ?
The clutch kits are made up of several plates. Some have the fiber and some are just plates. Installed every other one, starting and ending with a fiber plate.

#1 2008 Honda Trx700xx HMF Performance Exhaust, PCV, Stroked 710cc, 10.5:1 Wiseco Piston, Frt Elka Stage 4's, Fox Podium X rear's, EHS Lid, L8ton 11/16" sway bar, DG 6 Pack Rack, PRM Desert II Bumper & Front Skids.
#2 2008 Trx700xx AMR Reaper, Ehs Big 3, P/P head, Xcalibur Cam, Hard Welded Rockers, +1 In/Ex Valves, +3 Throttle body, 11:1 CP Piston, Elka Stage 3 Legacy Shocks, L8ton 11/16th Sway Bar, PRM Front Skids, Desert II Bumper & Rear Utility Rack.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-13-2016, 07:47 AM

Garage
I did some checking the 450r and 700xx use the same clutch fiber disk but the steels are different BTW the fiber disk also fit the Suzuki LTZ 400. makes me wonder who it is that's making them

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode